PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a laptop please.

Lani
08-02-2010, 5:26pm
My mum is keen to get a laptop to use for a bit of net surfing and also photo editing....looking around online has had the sum total effect of making me non the wiser. :D
Don't think she wants to go the mac route, so any other recommendations would be appreciated....Up to $1 k, but less would be better. ;) Also don''t think she wants to buy online, so it would have to be available from a bricks and mortar store in Tassie.

Thanks in advance. :)

ricktas
08-02-2010, 5:31pm
hehehe. I did this exact thing yesterday. Was at my mum's and she started her ancient laptop up and walked off. I asked why, she said it takes about 20 minutes to start up. Had a look at it, it must be at least 7 years old, had a 60gb hard drive and 256mb ram and was running Windows ME

So we went out and got her an Acer Aspire 5470 500GB hard drive 15 inch screen, 2gb ram, win 7 (64 bit), for just on $800.00. Will meet her needs of typing a few letters using word, internet banking and reading some news sites etc, and her main usage, emailing. And now she is hooked on skype as well.

Lani
08-02-2010, 5:34pm
Good one Rick, I am still trying to convince my parents to switch to broadband. :D
Just not sure on what sort of video card would be needed for photo-editing, and I think she was liking the look of a 17 inch screen as well.