PDA

View Full Version : I Mac 27inch core i7 processor computer

Nikonian Bob
04-02-2010, 9:57am
Time to upgrade, has anyone got one of these machines yet ? Upgrading from a g5 without intel of course.

AmyK
04-02-2010, 9:58am
I'm upgrading to one next month, so I'm interested in hearing what people think of them too :)

jasevk
04-02-2010, 10:00am
nope.... however I have just bought a 21.5 inch, it's fast and copes with CS4, and other several applications all at once without issue.

rooboy
04-02-2010, 10:28am
I ordered mine 7 weeks ago and I am still waiting. :confused013 From what I have read the reason for the delay is that there are a few problems with the screens flickering and a yellow cast :eek: and there could be further delays untill they get it fixed. I don't know how common this problem is but when I finally get mine I will let you know how it turns out.

R1titan
04-02-2010, 1:53pm
Yes, i've had one for almost 2 weeks now, all set up and loaded with my editing software.
Its truly awesome and a huge upgrade from my previous PC. The screen resolution is amazing, it definitely makes my photos look nicer.

The changeover from PC to Mac was smooth, and easier than i ever imagined...i really should have done this a long time ago!!

The 27 inch screen does radiate a fair bit of heat, but in winter that would be nice :D

No yellow tint cast or flicking on my monitor either. Perhaps a bad batch out there?

domo
06-02-2010, 1:09pm
Hey Bob i just got my new 27inch core i7 couple of weeks ago. i have been PC until now and loving this mac its awesome! super quick wen loading RAW's i also got the internal 2TB HDD. It is fantastic the screen is super crisp! and bright i had to turn the brightness down a fair bit for my liking and now its spot on!. i can't believe how big the screen is lol soo much working space. Lovin it!
Although mine doesnt radiate much heat? like wat titan sayd maybe cause mines in aircon most time, and yea deff makes your pics look nicer haha :)

hoffy
06-02-2010, 1:16pm
My father in law got one yesterday. I have yet to give it a decent look, but it is promising.

What I want to know is how good is the screen in relation to view angles and colour accuracy? I know the cinema displays are pretty good. Just curious to see how this stack up.

latino
08-02-2010, 2:09pm
Just reading this in making me want to buy one. Went to JB Hi Fi on my lunch break and had a look at it soooo nice!! Too bad they didnt have the i7 version. Pictures look so vibrant and alive!! Kicks my pc's butt.