PDA

View Full Version : How to join 2 photos

nigo75
01-02-2010, 10:56am
Trying to find out how to join the ute from the first photo and the background from the second any help would be great.........:th3:

campo
01-02-2010, 11:50am
I notice you have lightroom/CS4 so this is not a hard task.

If you have both images in lightroom, select both images, right click and select Edit In, then layers in photoshop (or similar wording). This sets up two layers in photoshop, one for each image.

Once in CS4, you need to create a layer mask on the top layer. You then paint black/white (or use selections to delete parts) on the layer mask. This make parts of the top layer transparent (ie. you get to see the bottom layer). If the coloured version is on the top layer, you want to mask out the coloured background. If the 'faded' version is on top, you want to mask out the ute.

i know this is not step by step, but hopefully gives you a bit of an idea on where to start.

nigo75
01-02-2010, 1:42pm
Thanks Campo I will give it a try tonight........:wd:
If anyone else can help me out with a step by step like a youtube link that would be great.

ving
01-02-2010, 1:50pm
create 2 layers in PSP/PS. put the second pic on the top layer and the first on the bottom layer. use the background eraser (PSP12) to erase the ute on the top layer leaving the ute of the bottom layer exposed. flatten layers (merge) and tada! there you have it.

nigo75
01-02-2010, 4:28pm
Just done a quick merge as per instructions (thanks for the tips) I didnt spend much time on it so yes I have gone outside the lines but I will fix it later.
Not to sure on the ute colour might make a few changes.
All the best
Nigo.....:th3:

campo
01-02-2010, 4:38pm
how about desaturating the background a bit more or even convert it to black/white?

nigo75
01-02-2010, 4:53pm
Will give it a go.
I was going to saturate the ute more.
If anyone wants to have a go post the finished products with a write up of what you did....:th3: