PDA

View Full Version : 1st Day At Kinder

Miaow
01-02-2010, 9:38am
EJ's 1st day at Kinder today - She was so excitied this morning but when got there sorta froze... Feels a little strange being home and her not here :eek:

yummymummy
01-02-2010, 9:44am
awwww look at her!! She's all grown up! I know what you mean re the house being quiet!! lol I've still got 2 at home, but after a week with 9 kids ( yep 9 you read right) in the house, two seems llike nothing at all..lol

Miaow
01-02-2010, 9:48am
Thanks Kirsty and yeah can imagine after 9 2 would seem quiet lol

She was so excited this morning as soon as was dressed wanted to go and carrying her bag around everywhere lol

When i left the kinder teacher was holding her next to her - cause ej was so scared in a way ...

yummymummy
01-02-2010, 9:52am
she'll be fine hun, first days are always so scary! I think it's worse for us because we've nurtured them for so many years and all of a sudden they're off to have their young minds nurtured by someone else..

Lani
01-02-2010, 9:54am
She'll be right, Cat.... she will make friends in no time and will be full of stories when she gets home. It's that first hustle and bustle which kids can find scary, but once the class settles down and they have a story and do some activities, they soon start to feel comfortable. :)

kiwi
01-02-2010, 10:05am
yip, big day all round.

Miaow
01-02-2010, 10:05am
Yeah thanks Kirsty, Lani and Darren :) Yeah can imagine be scary prob more so cause she's never been to day care etc just playgroup where i was also when it was on

Miaow
01-02-2010, 1:00pm
Well they havent called me so I gather all is going ok :crossed:

So quiet......And the house is clean :eek: LOL

Mary Anne
01-02-2010, 2:25pm
Awww she looks so cute .. Its such a special time in their/your lives isn't it Cat..
You will both come through it ok. Seems EJ has settled in alright then.. :D

Miaow
01-02-2010, 2:53pm
Thanks Mary Anne - We'll she's home and very tired now lol They said she was a little overwhelmed by it all

Mary Anne
01-02-2010, 3:50pm
I bet she was.. :th3:

Derek-C
02-02-2010, 8:00am
Glad all went well for you both Cathy .

Now look on the positive side .All that extra time for photography :th3:

Derek

Miaow
02-02-2010, 8:44am
Thanks Derek and true will get some more time to take pics without having to keep an eye/hand on ej at the same time lol

Topgunn
02-02-2010, 11:30am
Your daughter is very cute :)
My 3yo goes to childcare twice a week and we call it school to him so "hopefully" next year when he is off to kindy it will be easier on him and my wife lol. I still remember my first day at kindergarten 26 years ago. There was no childcare then and I had spent everyday with my mummy. It is a very significant time in anyones life and I remember Mum and me crying a lot. Its good you have captured it and Im sure she will look back in 20 years time and remember that moment. I wish my parents had the money to photograph me at the time because the only pic I have of me is one the teachers took and I have only just recently scanned it and it brought back all those wonderful (and scary) memories. I hope you enjoy your time away and I bet in a few more days your daughter will too.

Miaow
02-02-2010, 2:31pm
Thanks :) She's looking forward to it again tomorrow - hopefully she won't freeze this time :D I have a couple of pics of me at kinder somewhere that my mum i think took - cant actually remember kinder though (40 years ago) more remember from prep/grade 1 but not much lol

clm738
02-02-2010, 6:38pm
That's great she is looking forward to tomorrow. A lot of first timers think they only have to go for that first day.

Miaow
02-02-2010, 6:50pm
Thanks Carmen Yeah she really liked it on the 1st day :)