PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS3 help needed

mongo
30-01-2010, 5:50pm
Mongo sometimes gets asked , “how did you do that?” but can hardly remember particularly when there are many steps in altering an image in PS.

Can anyone tell Mongo how he can keep or more importantly, print a history of all the actions/steps taken in photoshop in respect of changing an image. Presently, my history is set to about the last 30 steps (but can be increased). However , the real question is how that history can be printed out.
Help would be much appreciated.

DAdeGroot
30-01-2010, 6:09pm
Mongo sometimes gets asked , “how did you do that?” but can hardly remember particularly when there are many steps in altering an image in PS.

Can anyone tell Mongo how he can keep or more importantly, print a history of all the actions/steps taken in photoshop in respect of changing an image. Presently, my history is set to about the last 30 steps (but can be increased). However , the real question is how that history can be printed out.
Help would be much appreciated.

Yes, you can tell photoshop to log everything to a text file (it gets somewhat large over time, but can be useful).

Nabbed from a quick google:

Go to Photoshop>Preferences>General (or the PC equivalent) and you will (hopefully) see a check box for History Log, along with some options. I chose “Detailed,” and chose to have the information saved in the file’s metadata. You can have it automatically saved as a text file, too, but dropping it in metadata assures me that I will never lose it.

mongo
30-01-2010, 6:14pm
Dave, you are a STAR ....thank you.

dbax
30-01-2010, 6:24pm
beat me to it Dave, after reading Mongo's question I knew I'd read it somewhere, had to find the right book, its the history log, can be saved to metadata and/or printed as a text file.
Thanks mongo, I think I'm going to investigate this some more, I also forget just what I did and how I did it sometimes.