PDA

View Full Version : CS4 saving as jpeg problems.

davearnold
26-01-2010, 9:23am
We have a CS4 problem, when we try and save a image as a jpeg, it saves as a PSD (this is after selecting jpeg and hit save, no error messages, but when you go back to where it is saved, and I have tried to save it in different places, e.g.my pictures, on a seperate harddrive etc.... it shows as a psd file, not a jpeg), I have checked it is 8bit and RGB, the bizarre thing is I have CS4 loaded on 3 laptops, but is is only happening on one of them, thinking it is a laptop issue maybe, but at a loss to what is could be.

Any ideas to what is causing it or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

arubaato
09-02-2010, 11:26am
a friend of mine had the same problem on cs3 and was fixed by another friend. Let me ask around and post any answers I get

accesser
09-02-2010, 12:32pm
How are you saving as JPG are you just using file save as ?
In CS4 you can go File >> Save for Web & Devices
With this tool you can adjust the jpg quality to get the file size you want or if you so wish just leave that at 100%

Analog6
09-02-2010, 1:43pm
I use save for web and devices but remember it strips any exif data from the files.

ameerat42
09-02-2010, 2:23pm
Just a thought, may be off beam, but have the images flattened? or are they layers? The latter forces you to save as PSD. Sometimes I find that a process introduces a layer and I get the same. Solution is eagerly awaited. Am...

Helen S
09-02-2010, 5:16pm
I was thinking along the same lines as Am. Sometimes when doing a lens correction on an image I forget that it introduces an extra layer, until I go to save it... just a simple Flatten Image does the trick.

wal1
09-02-2010, 5:34pm
If you are trying to save from RAW, make sure the image is set to 8 bit. JPEG will not save as a 16 bit. Had the same problem and after an hour of Google had the answer.. Ops did not read all your post please disregard.