PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Lightroom catalog?

Zoe
25-01-2010, 4:14pm
After a computer problem which required re-installing the OS, I would like to restore my catalogue and images in Lightroom. I've installed LR and tried to point it in the direction of the catalog and images but it then seems to have forgotten all my edits. That, of course, won't do.

I'm running LR 2.4 and have my images on a network drive and my catalog locally. What do I now?

ricktas
25-01-2010, 7:35pm
Were you using LR 2.4 before the computer problems? Lightroom databases need to be updated with each version so they work correctly. so if you upgraded LR at the same time as the system repair, that could be your issue.

Zoe
25-01-2010, 7:48pm
Nope, same version. How does one normally restore a catalog & images, perhaps I'm just not doing it right....

Zoe
27-01-2010, 1:18pm
Nobody has any ideas?

Dang. That means I've just lost *all* my edits. Enough to lose heart and give the camera a rest for a good long time. I just don't have the motivation anymore now.

kiwi
27-01-2010, 2:09pm
Had you done a LR backup ? If you have your LR catalog on your C drive and youve lost your C drive and you dont have a Catalogue backup I think you are toast

Zoe
27-01-2010, 3:39pm
I have the catalog & have the images. I just have trouble smushing them together (for want of a technical term).

kiwi
27-01-2010, 3:41pm
ok, so

You can open the catalogue, but the images are not attached to the thumbnails ? is that it ?

Zoe
27-01-2010, 3:49pm
I can open the catalog but the images aren't there and if I then point LR to the images, it hasn't applied the edits, keywords, etc. But the program says the catalog is loaded.

kiwi
27-01-2010, 4:01pm
hmmm, now that is strange, I have not seen this before

Now don't despair

Id be posting your problem here

http://www.lightroomforums.net/

I am sure youll get a fix

Zoe
27-01-2010, 4:14pm
:) Thanks, I'll do that. I'll put some more effort into it this weekend, when I have more time & headspace. Thanks for your help though!