PDA

View Full Version : LED vs LCD technology.

latino
25-01-2010, 2:39pm
Have been reading up on the new LED monitors and TV's and have been considering the possibility on purchasing a LED TV.

I'm not to sure how good the new LED's are? I know the picture quality is amazing but what about durability and any know issues or problems.

Love to hear your thoughts.

nick351
25-01-2010, 3:42pm
Not sure about any issues or problems but agree with you on picture quality, also the kilowatt/hour usage is nearly half of a plasma and less than an LCD.

latino
25-01-2010, 4:12pm
Not sure about any issues or problems but agree with you on picture quality, also the kilowatt/hour usage is nearly half of a plasma and less than an LCD.

I'm very wary with new technology don't want to buy something which is only going to me last me 1 year.

jev
25-01-2010, 9:01pm
Actually, the only difference between an LED TV and "an LCD" is in the backlight - both technologies are LCD but the technology behind the "LED TV" uses LED technology to generate the backlight whereas the backlight in a "normal LCD TV" usually consists of a fluorescent layer.

Don't worry about longevity - LEDs are very reliable.

latino
26-01-2010, 9:32pm
Actually, the only difference between an LED TV and "an LCD" is in the backlight - both technologies are LCD but the technology behind the "LED TV" uses LED technology to generate the backlight whereas the backlight in a "normal LCD TV" usually consists of a fluorescent layer.

Don't worry about longevity - LEDs are very reliable.

Just got myself a 42" LG LED, The Australian open looks awesome on channel 7 HD.

Happy camper =) Now to pay it off luckily I have 40 months to do so =) =)

victorblagovici
26-01-2010, 10:38pm
Found this

latino
29-01-2010, 5:29pm
Interesting too technical though. All I know is I can see the pores of the tennis players when there sweating during the Australia open. Friggin clear in 7 HD.

Going to enquire how much to upgrade my foxtel to HD I'm hooked!!