PDA

View Full Version : 450D

redstocks
19-01-2010, 2:51pm
I've just got my hands on a 450D to play with. :efelant: I'm loving it for ease of use so far compared with my Nikon D60. I was going to play outside but it's too hot now so I might see what the camera (and operator!) can do inside.

Jules
19-01-2010, 3:37pm
Have fun with it red. I have a 450D too and it's a great little machine.

mikec
19-01-2010, 5:33pm
Yep its a great little body. I still can't decide if I should keep it or not when I upgrade bodies....

etherial
19-01-2010, 6:26pm
I love mine, great value for money I think. Will be sad to see it go in many respects, but hey 7D...:efelant:

(and I'm under strict instruction....can't have 2 bodies. humfph)

redstocks
19-01-2010, 6:39pm
But you definately need two bodies! A back-up is a must! My Nikon s#%t itself twice now, once after I agreed to take some candid shots of a friends wedding, and the second time after I'd travelled four hours to take pics of birds and turtles laying eggs :angry0: Wish I'd had a back-up body that time................!

etherial
19-01-2010, 6:52pm
... My Nikon s#%t itself twice now...

I use Canon so don't have that issue. :p *runs and hides*

No seriously, before I get shot!!! You're right, I would like to keep it. But at the moment my budget dictates what I can have, I must sell the 450 to be able to go the 7D. Maybe later in the year I might look for a 2nd hand 50D (as the 60D is supposedly being announced soon).

I do like my 450 though, great value for the money, I'm only hoping my upgrade live up to my expectations and judging by comments from others, I think it will.

redstocks
19-01-2010, 6:58pm
Budget ???? Oh, yep, that's that word that makes you rethink before a purchase :(

If I decide to keep the Canon (and it's leaning that way atm) the Nikon will have to go. DH can justify a couple of motorbikes but I can't justify two bodies at this point in time though :(

I can't get over how easy the Canon is to use on manual :D

kevinj
19-01-2010, 7:52pm
The 450D is a great little camera,when I upgrade I`ll still keep mine until she retires gracefully of her own accord.

kevystylez
21-01-2010, 5:06pm
I recently had a 450D, as much as I would have liked to keep it as a second body just for it's sheer size and weight, financially I could not do it. I needed a camera with a bit better build and faster frames I eventually upgraded and now with the 50D and I absolutely love it... but at the end of the day if I could keep two I would have.

R1titan
30-01-2010, 11:28pm
Had one too and can vouch that its great value to have as a travel companion etc.

KALBO
31-01-2010, 7:57pm
Another 450D'er right here! Absolutely lovin' this camera. I know I will upgrade when my skills can justify it but I will definitely try and keep it when that time comes.

tropix55
14-02-2010, 8:51am
And another 450D owner here.. Nice camera to handle, better with the battery grip attached I've found & my first digital SLR after being a previous Nikon F4s SLR user.
Although a nice 1D mk 111 would be nice (one Day)!!
Cheers.. Tropix55

Gremlin
21-02-2010, 11:56pm
I really like the 450D, after playing with a 50D few days ago the only complaint I have is the size of it, I have big hands so am looking to buy a grip attachment, great bit of gear thou. Esp being my first proper intro to the digital era apart from PnS compacts.

Dirkbox
19-04-2010, 5:30pm
Another owner here, mines been fine except for the pop up flash not working , but think some thing had been spilt in it. Had to go in for repair twice and second time had new pcb and bit of plastic.

Needless to say it won't be used by anyone else other than myself now.