PDA

View Full Version : 450D Pop up flash error

Dirkbox
18-01-2010, 6:29pm
It started a few weeks ago that the pop up flash would not pop up. I managed to get it to pop up with a little prising but it seems to be sticking more and more.

Just wondering if it was a common problem? Camera is still under warranty but don't really weant to post it off and have to wait to get the camera back.

Thanks

hackcessor
18-01-2010, 6:41pm
Umm....I am not sure on this one.

It sucks to hear that is happening......where do you live?

If you are in Metro of any State, there should be a Canon Service Centre that would deal with issues like this reasonably close by.

You are better to get it done sooner rather than later just in case any further issues develop.

Dirkbox
18-01-2010, 8:54pm
I live on the Gold Coast and the nearest walk in service center is in Brisbane. Might just have to go up one day.

Think I will send it in now as just took it out for an hour and the flash wouldn't pop up on its own at all.

D

kevinj
19-01-2010, 7:54pm
Never experienced this with mine,let us know how you get on with it.

Miaow
19-01-2010, 8:11pm
Just thought I'd check - but you haven't got it on a different mode than Auto and you are used to auto flash in certain conditions? The reason asking is it wont pop up by itself unless you pop it up with the little side button (well for the 400 and 350D) in other modes?

kevystylez
27-01-2010, 1:46pm
Just thought I'd check - but you haven't got it on a different mode than Auto and you are used to auto flash in certain conditions? The reason asking is it wont pop up by itself unless you pop it up with the little side button (well for the 400 and 350D) in other modes?

That was what I was going to suggest. The issue of it being stuck has never happened to me in the 1 year and half I had with a 450D and it was my main camera.

drndrn
11-02-2010, 11:41pm
In the 12months I've had my 450D, I've had so such problem. Altho i held a peice of paper too close to the flash when it went off once and somehow i have burnt/black marks on my flash now..

rossco
12-02-2010, 7:48am
i have that prob with my 20 d there is a small release under the pop up flash,it has prob moved a touch, i sent the camera to canon for a clean and it came back like that, i just live with it, there is a guy in petrie north of brissie who can fix it though

Dirkbox
19-04-2010, 5:38pm
Sent it in to canon and came back worked for a week then stopped working again, too it back to Brissy canon and asked what had been carried out on the repair before, it had been cleaned as it had a sticky substance in it? (did let someone use it at a party)

So it went away for repair again and they replaced a pcb and some plastic, been back for a few weeks and ok so far, touch wood.

Still have a few months warranty so hope its ok ;0)