PDA

View Full Version : Segate External 320Gb HDD

HansPeter
18-01-2010, 4:08pm
Hello everyone, I READ…
I have a Seagate 250GB free agent that is not being detected by my computer (running windows XP) and just last night the hard drive began making a buzzing noise, any ideas on how I can fix this? Or at least get onto the hard drive one last time to get all of my music off of there to transfer to another hard drive. Thanks in advance.

Then
I am having the same problem. With my Seagate The drive lights up so it is obviously getting power but I cannot find it on my computer. I am hearing the same buzzing sound as well. The trouble-shooter did not help me at all and am not really finding any answers anywhere.

And agein
Hi all,
I have the same problem with my Segate External 320Gb HDD. It was connected and working fine and then suddenly it started to making a buzzing noise and the system froze. I tried to disconnect and reconnect the drive - It stopped being detected at all. After I reconnect it now I just get the buzzing noise and lights on the HDD dont come up. My system runs Win Vista, and the HDD was working fine earlier.
Thanks..

I’M I GOING TO PERCHES A SEAGATE ???
Cheers Hans!!

Jordan Compte
18-01-2010, 5:07pm
could be your mother board, run it down to a computer store to get them to check it out.

ricktas
18-01-2010, 5:11pm
Hansi, I moved your thread, as I have done many others of yours. Please look at where you post them on AP and post to the relevant forum for the topic of your thread.

ricktas
19-01-2010, 7:07pm
I removed your new post about this Hans. As you have pointed out to us, you are not up-to-date with technology and how it works, so I would suggest you find someone why can come to your home and have a look at it for you. The yellowpages has a good selection of computer tech's that can come to your home and resolve your issues for you.