PDA

View Full Version : Reviewing older pictures is good for the soul

hoffy
17-01-2010, 12:17am
Hi,

I have been absent for a while. My Photography has been troubling me and TBH, visiting AP hasn't helped with the way I have been feeling.

Anyhow, I have used this time to reflect on the photos I have taken (amongst other things), including those from my travels 12 to 15 years ago and dug up and scanned these 2:

Felucca on the Nile, circa 1998
http://www.ashhoffimages.com.au/ashoim_gallery/albums/non_gallery/Egypt_Fuluka_98.jpg

Barn and Silo's, Somewhere in Mid Ohio, circa 1995
http://www.ashhoffimages.com.au/ashoim_gallery/albums/non_gallery/USA_Barn_Colour_95.jpg

I have enjoyed looking through some of my prints and thought I would just share these with you. Truly good for the Soul.

Cheers

peterking
17-01-2010, 12:32am
Reminiscing is good for the soul.
I trust whatever has been bothering you is being addressed.
I have been thinking for a little while now that I need to look to older images to gain a perspective from where I have come VS where I am.
I will take your lead and look to the past.
I love the sails.

hoffy
17-01-2010, 12:59am
Thanks Peter. It is a good thing to reflect. Heck, thats what the photos are for!

I had also forgotten about the sail shot. I should possibly try and dig up the neg and get an enlargement done (as long as its in good condition).

Cheers

Krzys
17-01-2010, 1:19am
Color of the sails is fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Which film used? K-k-k-odachrome on the first?

hoffy
17-01-2010, 1:24am
TBH Kryzs, I would have no idea. It would have been either Fuji Superia ISO200, Kodacolor Gold ISO200 or Konica ISO200. It was definitely consumer grade film.... You do realise I will have to dig up the neg!

Krzys
17-01-2010, 1:25am
Really. Sorry I thought you were scanning negs.

hoffy
17-01-2010, 1:28am
Really. Sorry I thought you were scanning negs.

Thats OK. My crappy Multi Function Printer doesn't neg scan too well (Slides are OK), hence why I generally print scan.

MattC
17-01-2010, 2:37pm
Nice ones Ashley - the Architecture of the barn interests me out of these two - like you say, it is good to look back at old photos.

hoffy
17-01-2010, 4:38pm
Thanks Matt. For me, that image of the Barn, I don't know, but photographically I have a hugh soft sport for it. I suppose for a boy from Rural Australia, this is quintessential Rural America.

CHeers

clm738
17-01-2010, 5:08pm
Hi Ashley, Like the sails for composition and the barn for being American.
Hope things get clearer very soon.