PDA

View Full Version : Yongnuo Triggers Help!

nick351
14-01-2010, 11:23pm
Hello again!

Im looking at purchasing the Yongnuo RF-602 Triggers on ebay (link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RF602-RF-602-for-Nikon-D90-D5000-with-3-receivers_W0QQitemZ180452376707QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a03ccc083#ht_6483wt_1167

Will I need a hot shoe PC port adapter?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I @ M
15-01-2010, 3:52am
Nick,
the RF602 package will allow you to mount the remote trigger on the D90 hot shoe which will trigger the SB600/s mounted on the receiver/s at considerable distances away from the camera with no further bits and pieces required. The function of the triggers is limited to manual control, you won't have iTTL metering available to you.
The units themselves are well made and even though I haven't tested them at enormous distances, I have had them work at 100% reliability over the length of our block (90metres).

kaiser
15-01-2010, 2:39pm
You order you order the kit specifically for the D90 -which will include a shutter release cable that plugs into the accessory/GPS port on the side of the D90. I've found that both functions (either used as a remote shutter release OR wireless flash triggers) work quite well on their own. You can't utilise both functions at the same time ie. have a receiver mounted to the camera with shuuter release cable and have receivers mounted to off camera flashes also. I've tried this and they don't synch together when you use the remote transmitter - must be that the shutter release synch is slower than the radio synch - unless I'm doing something wrong.

When you order I'd ask for some extra 3 pin recever to PC jack cables as these are more useful than having multiple shutter release cables. Good luck anyway, i'm sure you'll enjoy them. Good bit of kit for the price.

Cheers.

nick351
16-01-2010, 9:14am
Thanks for you help! Will be purchasing them today!