PDA

View Full Version : No Pixels Challenge

smallfooties
11-01-2010, 9:02pm
What happened to the No Pixels Challenge?:confused013

Krzys
11-01-2010, 9:37pm
people who shoot film shoot film so this is no challenge, people who shoot digital found this too much of a challenge :confused013 :p

people who shoot both are far too busy

just don't even bother taking this seriously

swifty
11-01-2010, 10:46pm
No scanner.
Just had 5 rolls processed on the weekend of shots over the xmas break. Loving the results though.

smallfooties
11-01-2010, 11:10pm
hahha... bummer...
I think you and i both need to get a scanner!

smallfooties
11-01-2010, 11:11pm
people who shoot film shoot film so this is no challenge, people who shoot digital found this too much of a challenge :confused013 :p

people who shoot both are far too busy

just don't even bother taking this seriously

lol...aww... I was enjoying it!

Krzys
11-01-2010, 11:47pm
Send me your film and I will scan it. It may not be economic for you to pay for postage there and back (and send a chocolate sweet for my time) but they will be scanned with love.

ricktas
12-01-2010, 6:28am
What happened to the No Pixels Challenge?:confused013

Why not start it up again, can't hurt. I need to get my film cameras out and give them a run as well, maybe this will give me the kick up the bum that I need to give the film cameras an outing.

41jas
12-01-2010, 7:04am
I wouldn't mind a go either. I can pull out my near new first ever SLR the Pentax MZ50.
I was so excited to finally get a SLR and only ever used it a few times then I bought my first digital P&S. Digital works so much better for me. haha

swifty
12-01-2010, 12:43pm
Send me your film and I will scan it. It may not be economic for you to pay for postage there and back (and send a chocolate sweet for my time) but they will be scanned with love.

Thanks for the offer but am looking at purchasing a v700 or v750 but can't seem to any 750's in oz. I can rent a v700 in the mean time at ACP for bout $10/hr but fnding the time is another story.

Smallfooties: if I was still living in Perth, we could buy one together and time-share it lol, but I'm Sydney based these days.

smallfooties
12-01-2010, 9:43pm
Thanks for the offer but am looking at purchasing a v700 or v750 but can't seem to any 750's in oz. I can rent a v700 in the mean time at ACP for bout $10/hr but fnding the time is another story.

Smallfooties: if I was still living in Perth, we could buy one together and time-share it lol, but I'm Sydney based these days.

Awww! Bummer!
Is it expensive to get a scanner? I have a scanner but don't have the film scanner device. And i saw they were selling it for $169 at the shops!:(

smallfooties
12-01-2010, 9:44pm
Why not start it up again, can't hurt. I need to get my film cameras out and give them a run as well, maybe this will give me the kick up the bum that I need to give the film cameras an outing.

Hi Rick,
Ok i will start it up again... Infact, I will do it right now! The film forum is the appropriate place i suppose?

swifty
13-01-2010, 9:22am
Awww! Bummer!
Is it expensive to get a scanner? I have a scanner but don't have the film scanner device. And i saw they were selling it for $169 at the shops!:(

Depends how high end u go n how large a film u need to scan. If I only had 35mm I'll probably look at the nikon coolscan range but since I've also got medium format to scan and can't afford the top end coolscan 9000, the best price/performance scanners are the flatbeds.
I'm sure there are many more brands out there but I'm only looking at the epson v600/700/750 ranging in price from about 500-800 new. Havn't looked at second hand stuff yet.

smallfooties
13-01-2010, 12:33pm
Depends how high end u go n how large a film u need to scan. If I only had 35mm I'll probably look at the nikon coolscan range but since I've also got medium format to scan and can't afford the top end coolscan 9000, the best price/performance scanners are the flatbeds.
I'm sure there are many more brands out there but I'm only looking at the epson v600/700/750 ranging in price from about 500-800 new. Havn't looked at second hand stuff yet.

NAh... i probably won't buy anything yet. I go to the art studio where i work and they have photography equipment there... so i'll prob use that till they ask me to stop going!

smallfooties
13-01-2010, 12:36pm
Hi guys, have started the no pixels challenge in the member's challenge forum... do participate! thanks...

PS i feel so lonely in there... ie. I am the only poster... lol

N*A*M
14-01-2010, 1:30pm
i got some shots but will have to borrow a flatbed

smallfooties
14-01-2010, 8:12pm
i got some shots but will have to borrow a flatbed

please do!:th3:

Krzys
14-01-2010, 8:45pm
Moooo

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4273799020_e0f64c844e.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/krzys_/)

smallfooties
14-01-2010, 11:19pm
hey that is a very good picture! What camera did you use and what film?
Post more in the No Pixels Challenge thread in the member's challenge forum??? Please????

Krzys
14-01-2010, 11:35pm
Leica M2. I went to the Zoo with my girlfriend, shot Kodachrome 64 than Fp4 which I finished off in the streets. Fp4 is by far my fav film ever.

hoffy
16-01-2010, 8:43pm
Thanks for digging this up again SF. Another little thing that I start and let slide. I am having a bit of a troubled time with my photography at the moment, but I should be able to find some stuff to post in the challenge.

Cheers

smallfooties
16-01-2010, 10:03pm
Thanks for digging this up again SF. Another little thing that I start and let slide. I am having a bit of a troubled time with my photography at the moment, but I should be able to find some stuff to post in the challenge.

Cheers

awww... i hope you find your feet soon... just today, i was at a camera shop and another customer was telling the sale assistant how frustrated he is with photography and that he is giving it up - so he was there to sell off his gear...
I hope you stick to it and really hope to see what you post in the challenge! :th3:

ricnak
13-02-2010, 2:16pm
I am up for a no pixels challenge. Should be fun to dust of my 2nd camera. Does it matter that I don't have a dark room?

smallfooties
13-02-2010, 7:07pm
I am up for a no pixels challenge. Should be fun to dust of my 2nd camera. Does it matter that I don't have a dark room?

Of cos it doesn't matter! As long as you used a roll of film and took the picture with a film camera! Doesn't matter how you had it processed afterwards.

N*A*M
16-02-2010, 12:24pm
i've been shooting film a fair bit and have had a lot of stuff printed
i gave most of the prints away to friends and family and they really enjoyed it
i have been too lazy to do much scanning but i have some new shots to post up if i can get my internet fixed at home

GlennSan
08-05-2010, 9:48pm
Tardy response but I'll put some up - just had a couple of rolls developed last week.