PDA

View Full Version : Flash Photography

Dazzzar
05-01-2010, 1:19pm
Hi my question is about strobist lighting outside, I have a canon 580ex and also a canon 580ex11 so looking into this sought of photo taking, I also have 3 pocket wizards to trigger flashes, so any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm interested in technique and maybe using mini softbox for flash heads.
Thank you
Cheers
Daryl.

Allann
05-01-2010, 1:59pm
Hi and welcome to AP. Post some shots of the sort of thing you like photographing as the requirements differ considerablly for different genre. It would also help if you have specific questions, as you know, many, many books are available on flash photography and it would be too difficult to outline answers to no specific question.
You may find the "New to Photogaphy" forum usful, it includes some information and help on flash photography and many other aspects of the art too. Hope you find that useful.

Brodie
27-01-2010, 7:59pm
yes absolutely. Free up your weekend, and pay a visit to strobist.com.

maccaroneski
27-01-2010, 10:57pm
strobist.blogspot.com...

bigdazzler
28-01-2010, 7:22pm
yes absolutely. Free up your weekend, and pay a visit to strobist.com.

mate this is one HUGE area to learn about .... the above site is the single best source of strobe/flash information you could possibly find anywhere. Do yourself a massive favour and check it out. Start at Lighting 101 and go slow. Theres a steep learning curve ahead of you but its a whole heap of fun .. :th3:

Brodie
29-01-2010, 2:41pm
and when I say free up your weekend, I mean, every weekend for the next 3 months. As bigdazzler said, its HUGE but just take your time with it, theres a lot to take in but its such a valuable learning experience.

B.

Bill44
29-01-2010, 2:50pm
mate this is one HUGE area to learn about .... the above site is the single best source of strobe/flash information you could possibly find anywhere. Do yourself a massive favour and check it out. Start at Lighting 101 and go slow. Theres a steep learning curve ahead of you but its a whole heap of fun .. :th3:

The above is advice from one of the best lighting blokes on this forum.

bigdazzler
29-01-2010, 6:10pm
The above is advice from one of the best lighting blokes on this forum.

wow thanks Bill .... thats a big compliment mate .. Thankyou very much for the encouragement :)