PDA

View Full Version : Door stuck

smallfooties
03-01-2010, 12:54am
Hi all,
I was shooting with my Olympus om-1 today and when i had finished and wanted to remove the film, i couldn't get the door to open. The rewind knob is stuck and wouldn't move that extra bit to open the door. Does anybody know how to fix this? I really like this camera and hope i wouldn't have to make it redundant... Thanks guys for any help... :food04:

milspec
03-01-2010, 9:06am
With the risk of sounding like a smart @$%, did you disengage the the winding mechanism properly? Sometimes there can be a bit too much tension on the film for the button to disengage it properly.

smallfooties
03-01-2010, 11:30am
With the risk of sounding like a smart @$%, did you disengage the the winding mechanism properly? Sometimes there can be a bit too much tension on the film for the button to disengage it properly.

Hey there!
I think i did... I've been using the camera for awhile now and i've not changed the way i've turned the button to R, rewind the film and then open the door. But perhaps you are right. Anyway, i've brought it to the shop i bought it from and the guy would be fixing it for me.
Thanks for your reply.... and no you don't sound like a smart @$%! keke...