PDA

View Full Version : Perspective Distortion

clm738
25-12-2009, 7:53pm
Hi, what is the best way to correct perspective distortion of buildings and where in the Lightroom 2 Develop Workflow would you do it?
Lightroom 2 plug-in? or go over to PS3 then back to Lightroom?
Thanks for you help.

Big Pix
25-12-2009, 7:58pm
PSCS3 and use the crop tool...... crop the whole image, then tick perspective, which will only show after cropping, and move the corners to the correction

clm738
25-12-2009, 9:58pm
Thanks Big Pix, I will give it a go.

MarkChap
25-12-2009, 10:10pm
CS3/4 Filter - Distort - Lens Correction

Select the square looking Icon in the very top right hand corner
Will allow horizontal, vertical correction as well as pincushion and barrel distortion

clm738
25-12-2009, 11:13pm
Mark, where in the develop workflow would you do this? Before or after sharpening in Lightroom? Would you go over to PS then back to Lightroom to sharpen then export?

MarkChap
26-12-2009, 8:26am
have no idea about lightroom.

I do my adjustments in camera raw, make any corrections I want and then resize for what ever my needs are.
I would then do levels, contrast etc if needed and then sharpen

IanB
27-12-2009, 10:37am
I don't think it can be done in LR>>I use transform in CS3 but I will now look at the crop one; thanks for that. :)

clm738
27-12-2009, 11:54am
Figured this one out, thanks to everyone's help. Develop in LR, move to PS, distort filter, lens correction, straighten buildings, back to LR & crop & sharpen.

IanB
27-12-2009, 12:42pm
PSCS3 and use the crop tool...... crop the whole image, then tick perspective, which will only show after cropping, and move the corners to the correction

Can you explain this more; not working for me :confused013

clm738
04-01-2010, 4:06pm
Ian, go to PS and select crop tool (no need to actually crop photo), up top in crop section tick perspective box, you can then move the corners of your crop overlayed photo into the top/bottom, left/right corners and line the side of your crop with the line of your building, wall, etc. Hit enter and the photo will straighten. If you haven't lined it up correctly, undo and do again, or crop again till you get it right. It seems to stretch the photo widthways so watch things that should be round or square in the top and bottom centre of your photo 'cause they may be out of shape after correction.
Hope this isn't too confusing.