PDA

View Full Version : Should I::: or should I not:::

smallfooties
24-12-2009, 12:16am
Get a sepia filter?
I wanna get the old look in my photos and wonder if people use filters or photoshop or a specific developing method or just do it at the lab??

Krzys
24-12-2009, 1:12am
The old look is from sepia toned prints and lower contrast lenses. Selenium is also a common tone (reddish for archival purposes). Set up a darkroom. No one else should do this for you.:xmas31:

smallfooties
24-12-2009, 8:23pm
hey there... I don't have space for a dark room at the moment... but apparently i could easily develop the film with just a dark bag? Perhaps i will advance to that stage first and still get them printed at a lab.
Today i went and got the Kodak 100 Tmax and the Ilford Delta 3200... so excited! Can't wait to use them and see what happens... Need to find worthy subjects to photograph though as i don't want to waste them on random things i usually photograph cos they were sooooo expensive!

Krzys
24-12-2009, 11:04pm
You only need the bag to spool your film onto the reels. Go get an enlarger (very cheap these days) and set it up in your kitchen at night, when printing you don't need a light tight room - just a really dark one. I don't trust labs. There isnt a single one in QLD that optically prints anymore and I doubt anywhere in Aus. Scanned then printed negs just arent worth paying for. Do it yourself.

Rate your delta 3200 at 800 and have fun!