PDA

View Full Version : CS4 - Using burn tool, but its burning an inch away from cursor - HELP PLEASE! :)

Inspired
22-12-2009, 1:33pm
I'm hoping someone can help - i'm just using my laptop to fix the photo's i was asking about in another thread.
I am trying to burn (the background) but instead of it burning where the cursor/circle is, its burning in some random spot - usually on the baby somewhere. How do i fix this does anyone know? I have downloaded all the CS4 updates thinking that might help, but had no luck. Have never had this problem with ps on my desktop pc just the laptop. and unfortunatley i have to use the laptop due to the calibration issues i'm having with the other.
ANy advice much appreciated!

Raven
22-12-2009, 2:32pm
Only thing I can think of is that it's a soft brush. Have you tried making it a hard brush?

Inspired
22-12-2009, 3:05pm
yeh i tried different brushes, but that didn't seem to help. Its like it doesn't recoginse the cursor/brush at all - like its position...its really strange :confused013

JazzXP
23-12-2009, 9:03am
Not sitting in front of Photoshop at the moment, but maybe check your brush settings? ie. the ones that can scatter the brush etc. I think it's one of the buttons down the right hand side (by default) that has your histogram button, action button, etc on it.

ricktas
23-12-2009, 10:32am
Could be your graphics driver in your laptop. When CS4 came out there were lots of issues with the brush tool. Some people could not even see the brush when they went over a certain size (50 pixels brush size etc). I could see the lower part of my brush, but not the full 'circle' etc.

Check your laptop, find out what graphics card it has and make sure you have the current driver version for it, if not download and install the latest version.

Inspired
23-12-2009, 12:53pm
I think you might be right Rick thanks - will try find what it is and update it!
Thanks for that :)

dwolrige
24-12-2009, 8:48pm
I konw if you have capslock on you cannot see the brush, maybe that will help?