PDA

View Full Version : Raw Shooter Premium -> Lightroom?

mikesalway
22-12-2009, 6:08am
Hi guys

I bought Raw Shooter Premium 2006 a few years ago and have been using that for my RAW processing workflow for the last couple of years, because it handled the raw files from my 350D and 20D.

Adobe bought out the company that made Raw Shooter, and took the technology and called it "Lightroom", so Raw Shooter Premium is not updated any more.

Now I've got a 40D, and RSP can't process my RAW files so I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the license I bought for RSP entitles me to some free license (or at least discount) to Lightroom?

Cheers

mikesalway
22-12-2009, 6:24am
hmm a bit more searching and it seems I'm out of luck. Back in 2007 I did get a free copy of Lightroom 1 but liked RSP more at the time so didn't use it.

Now i've changed computers and LR1 is gone.

I guess I'll stick with the Canon tools for now.

ricktas
22-12-2009, 6:27am
At the time YES. Everyone who bought Raw Shooter Premium was sent an Email when the take over was announced and the information was also posted on the Pixmantec and Adobe (http://www.adobe.com/special/pixmantec/) websites. We all got an offer for a free copy of Lightroom v1.0.

Lightroom is now at version 2.6 and about to go to version 3.0. So even if Adobe decided to honour the original buy-out terms, you would get version 1.0 only.

IanB
22-12-2009, 6:53am
If you can; get lightroom, is a great program to have and to use.