PDA

View Full Version : how to use forum:::

Mircula
18-12-2009, 11:39am
Hey,

I was wondering if there is a setting which allows me to just show me unread threads and posts of specific sub topics?

For example, i would like to search for unread threads in People->candids, off topic and a couple of other ones.

Basically what the "New Posts" button does just for selected areas.

thank you,

Mirc

ricktas
18-12-2009, 11:53am
Not as a one press option.

Click on FORUM menu across the top, scroll down to find the relevant forum you want and click it, all threads and posts will appear (newest first) for that one forum only.

kiwi
18-12-2009, 11:57am
lol, that question was good timing

Mircula
18-12-2009, 11:59am
ok, thanks.

I just thought it would be really good just to keep uptodate with the stuff you are interested in....

The possibility of a customized search like that would be really handy, especially in a forum which is that active...

Cheers.

ricktas
18-12-2009, 12:03pm
Not going to happen!

We are a photography site and we want members to participate, not isolate themselves to one particular area.

Mircula
18-12-2009, 12:07pm
well of course you should participate, but it is literally impossible to participate in every area, so i think it is resonable to trying to participate in the areas of interest...and even in these it is not easy to keep up to date with all new posts (at least if you have a job and as well other things to do)...

kiwi
18-12-2009, 12:09pm
You get used to it....

Mircula
18-12-2009, 12:12pm
i will...it could just save some time, time i would have to participate more hehehe.

ricktas
18-12-2009, 12:19pm
well of course you should participate, but it is literally impossible to participate in every area, so i think it is resonable to trying to participate in the areas of interest...and even in these it is not easy to keep up to date with all new posts (at least if you have a job and as well other things to do)...

And you can, by selecting the areas you want to participate in by going direct to the relevant forums, but we are not going to set the site up to allow members to isolate themselves to one specific areas, by blocking other photography related areas from view completely.

Mircula
18-12-2009, 12:20pm
no worries. understood. thanks for the comments!

Kym
18-12-2009, 12:30pm
You can do it long hand (limit to certain forums) as already published.
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=451469