PDA

View Full Version : And another Russell Falls shot!!!

Barefoot
17-12-2009, 3:42pm
This one was really hard as it was windy and raining and heaps of water spray coming off the falls so out of about 300 shots this was probably the best.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3637/3623277717_54895fe7d4_b.jpg

pgbphotographytas
17-12-2009, 3:57pm
Blown highlights but I do like the framing on this one...

kiwi
17-12-2009, 4:00pm
no critique section again

etherial
17-12-2009, 7:38pm
Hi Carl, you've posted in "not for critique". If you want some more in depth comments re this one probably should post in the landscapes forum here (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81).

old dog
17-12-2009, 8:01pm
I love this Carl. Love the satiny water and the f/g rocks. Hopefully one day I`ll get down to tassie and have a look. My wife, Julie has been there four times........grrrrrr.

hackcessor
17-12-2009, 9:49pm
I understand that you dont want critique.

That in itself, says that you are pretty happy with your pic.

The part I dont understand is...........300 shots?

Barefoot
17-12-2009, 11:53pm
nope not after critique that's why i have been posting in NOT FOR CRITIQUE section, shots i have been posting so far are from my old Sony a200 dslr so are roughly 6 to 8 months old.

yes i like the shots.

i know whats wrong with my shots in most cases and i quite often take 100 to 300 shots in a session ( not just in one spot changing setups and from different angles ) especially in wet conditions as one little water droplet on the lens can ruin the image and if you are going to spend half the day going somewhere for a certain effect you need to take more than just a couple of shots to make it worth while.

i don't always delete the image unless it is really bad and cant be saved in photo-shop mostly i like to see it on the laptop before i make my final decision.

guys im just here to have some fun and to share some shots i am more than happy to share my knowledge and i would love to get together and have a beer and go snapping somewhere.

So get snapping people and show Australia your goods.

ricktas
18-12-2009, 7:30am
Hey Carl,

I looked at your flickr and noticed fairly much every reply is 'nice photo'. On AP we have pushed hard to get away from that and get members posting good quality critique to help their fellow members get better at their photography. 'Nice photo' is good, but it teaches you nothing. We are all here to learn and improve our photography.

You say "i am more than happy to share my knowledge", and so are other members, they want to give you advice and help you improve too.

You can keep posting to Not For Critique if you want to, and get the 'nice photo' comments, or join in the critique areas (that includes you giving critique to others as well, it is a two way street) and learn a lot from the other members on AP.

Looking at your Flickr, you may not have been exposed to serious constructive criticism before, and are now finding it a bit confronting? Have a look at this thread (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=27404), for a background on what we try and do here on AP.

Your above shot is a nice waterfall shot, that could have been even better, all members want to do is give you advice on how to get to that 'better'.