PDA

View Full Version : Firefox - plugins:::

Kym
11-12-2009, 9:36am
So what plugins do you use?

My set:
1. AdblockPlus{1.1.1}.xpi -- Ads were yesterday!
2. Cooliris{1.11.5}.xpi -- Cooliris transforms your browser into a full-screen 3D Wall for searching, viewing and sharing the Web.
3. DafizillaViewSourceWith{0.5.1}.xpi -- View page source with external applications
4. DownThemAll{1.1.7}.xpi -- The mass downloader for Firefox.
5. EnglishAustralianDictionary{2.1.1}.xpi -- I'm sick of all my favoUrite coloUrful language being marked incorrect.
6. ExifViewer{1.51}.xpi -- Extracts and displays the Exif (Exchangeable Image File), IPTC-NAA/IIM (International Press Telecommunications Council / Newspaper Association of America / Information Interchange Model), and IPTC Core (Adobe XMP, Extensible Metadata Platform) metadata, as stored by digital still cameras, in both local and remote JPEG images.
7. FEBE{6.3.2}.xpi -- Backup your Firefox data
8. Firebug{1.4.5}.xpi -- Web Development Evolved.
9. FxIF{0.3.2}.xpi -- View EXIF data in image properties
10. GoogleToolbarforFirefox{6.1.20091119W}.xpi -- Take the power of Google with you anywhere on the Web!
11. HistogramViewer{1.1.0}.xpi -- Generates the histogram of a selected image.
12. IEView{1.4.5}.xpi -- Open pages in IE via Firefox menus
13. LiveHTTPHeaders{0.15}.xpi -- View HTTP headers of a page and while browsing.
14. LogMeInInc.RemoteAccessPlugin{1.0.0.464}.xpi -- (none)
15. NetUsageItem{1.2.241}.xpi -- Displays your internet usage on the toolbar.
16. SQLiteManager{0.5.6.1}.xpi -- Manage any SQLite database on your computer
17. TabMixPlus{0.3.8.2}.xpi -- Tab browsing with an added boost.
18. TamperData{10.1.0}.xpi -- View and modify HTTP/HTTPS headers etc.
19. UserAgentSwitcher{0.7.2}.xpi -- Adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser.
20. WebDeveloper{1.1.8}.xpi -- Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.
21. deskCut{0.6.0.0}.xpi -- Create desktop shortcuts from the context-menu. Windows and Linux (KDE/GNOME) supported.

Themes:
1. Noia2.0eXtreme{3.71}.jar -- Fully skinned based on Noia icon set.

gcflora
11-12-2009, 9:49am
I've just reinstalled FF and currently have a very small set of my "essential" plugins

FxIF 0.3.2
HistogramViewer 1.1.0
Adblock Plus 1.1.1
NoScript 1.9.9.18
British Dictionary :)

I @ M
11-12-2009, 9:55am
Extensions;
Adblock Plus 1.1.1 ------ but only on all sites other than AP.
English (Australian) Dictionary 2.1.1
FoxClocks 2.5.35 Great tool for displaying slected cities / time zones in the task bar.

Themes;
LittleFox 1.8.52 great for giving you maximum screen real estate.

Tannin
11-12-2009, 9:56am
I use a browser that has most of the useful things listed above built-in in the first place, doesn't require a zillion extra downloads to set up, doesn't require that you trust two dozen third-party add-on makers as well as your browser manufacturer, doesn't insult you with a dumbed-down user interface, and loads and browses faster with all those nice things already operational than Firefox does before you load the add-ons.

Firefox works just fine if you haven't got anything better. Opera rocks.

gcflora
11-12-2009, 9:57am
I use a browser that has most of the useful things listed above built-in in the first place, doesn't require a zillion extra downloads to set up, doesn't require that you trust two dozen third-party add-on makers as well as your browser manufacturer, doesn't insult you with a dumbed-down user interface, and loads and browses faster with all those nice things already operational than Firefox does before you load the add-ons.

Lynx?

Oh, Opera ;)

Calxoddity
11-12-2009, 11:07am
I use adblock and Zotero. That's it, no more.

Opera? How quaint... :p

Kym
11-12-2009, 11:57am

Looks like we disagree at last. :p

Opera is an excellent browser; BUT it does not give me what I want/need and Firefox does. :cool:
Firefox does not need plugins, but they are very handy and flexible.

TOM
11-12-2009, 7:15pm
i don't use any plugins, but i would like to get one that allows me to 'close all tabs to the right of this one'. i used that one on ie or chrome, can't remember. I do like the coloured tab system of ie, but i do like the speed of fox.

I @ M
11-12-2009, 7:24pm
I do like the coloured tab system of ie, but i do like the speed of fox.

Easy answer Tom, use coloured FF tabs (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8004).

bobt
11-12-2009, 10:08pm
I use Linkman and Tabkit (Linkman isn't really a plug-in but an add-in). It's simply an excellent bookmarker that requires no menus or ordering - it works like Powermarks which I used to use. Tabkit lets you have more than one row of tabs and lets you lock them - plus other stuff related to tabs.