PDA

View Full Version : Poor little bugga

Seesee
09-12-2009, 7:52am
Having a quiet cup of coffee in the town of Dimboola when this poor little bugga decided to slam into the window of the cafe, not sure if he survived in the long run, but we nursed him for a while and left him under a shady bush and he was gone a couple of hours later.

Only a rotten feral Sparrow I know....but it deserves a right to life and I wasn't about to kill it or let it suffer on the hot pavement.

Nickd1969
09-12-2009, 7:59am
I know it's just a feral sparrow, but I'm glad you did what you did Col. Reminds me of when I was in Apollo bay Vic, same thing had happened but before I could help out a magpie came down and started to peck at the dazed bird....needless to say that woke the sparrow quick smart and he managed to get away...magpie in hot pursuit.

yummymummy
09-12-2009, 9:15am
Good job Colin! I'd have done the same thing, even for a sparrow :) :th3:

ving
09-12-2009, 11:32am
might be feral, but they are still cute :)

AlexandraT
09-12-2009, 12:36pm
Aw, poor little guy. Good on you for showing him some compassion too.

Miaow
09-12-2009, 2:10pm
Hope it was ok - good of you to help it out Col :)

Gregg Bell
11-12-2009, 4:19am
Good job colin :th3:

I remember not long ago a pink and grey parrot flew into our lounge window, and bounced off onto the grass, we took the thing in(unsure of sex) and looked after it in the shady alfresco, till it got over it's headache.

Analog6
11-12-2009, 6:21am
Well done Colin. We have that happen here every so often, they fly into the upstairs windows on the north side, and the birds that survive the impact usually recover OK. We have a plant pot lined with grass under a shady bush and we put them there, they are usually gone in an hour or tow after some head shaking, wobbling and quite often a preen.

Raven136
12-12-2009, 11:01pm
Good on ya. :food04:
Life is life- even for a sparrow. Bet he had one hell of headache.
I remember a sparrow slamming into my bedroom window when i was a kid- while i was standing behind it. Cant remember what happened to the poor bird. I was so surprised.

dche5390
14-12-2009, 10:05am
Don't the bird police have ads against drink flying these festive season? Geez!

Aw ... "feral" is such a harsh word.