PDA

View Full Version : looking around for a new bag - Domke?

tannyboy
05-12-2009, 10:56am
Hey all,

my kit has outgrown my bag and now i'm looking at the domke range.

Anyone have or have dealt with these bags?

cheers
chris

Jcas
05-12-2009, 9:43pm
I have the F2 and the J3, the J3 is better IMO, it is more durable due to the fabric being waterproof and the outer end pockets come with padding that enables you to use it for lenses or flash etc.

I found the biggest drawback with Domke's is no zip closure and in the F2 not much padding.

I am now using THIS (http://www.kata-bags.com/Product.asp?Version=Photo&p_Id=491) Kata which i am very pleased with.

Analog6
05-12-2009, 9:56pm
I bought myself a Billingham bag (I got it direct from the UK, just over 1/2 the Oz price) and am really happy with the materials and design of the bag. I have a big one, the 443.

TOM
05-12-2009, 11:54pm
i have both Billingham and Domke. they serve different purposes for me, but i use the Domke when i'm working. i like the fact that it has no padding...it means that i can fit more in the bag. i don't throw the bag around, or bash it into walls so any padding would be surplus to my needs. it can just hold big fat nikon lenses (77mm filter threads). it is amazing what you can fit into the F2. it isn't the be all and end all, and i still use pelican cases to store my gear, and i then just take my required gear out and add it to the bag of my choice. i use the Billingham when i'm on a job that requires me to be a little more dressy, which suits the Billingham more so than the Domke, but my F2 is black and the Billingham is the classic beige/tan.

peterb666
06-12-2009, 6:43pm
I am using a Kata bag and it is excellent value for money. My only complaint in the bright interior gets grubby fairly quickly but a number of bags suffer the same fate.