PDA

View Full Version : Can someone offer an explanation as to::::

Lani
03-12-2009, 12:50pm
why my microsoft keyboard occasionally....but enough to be a PITA, changes "languages"? Not sure what the language is as such....but press I press i and I get c etc? :confused013
Does it when using FF, also when using CS4...usually closing the program and reopening fixes it...is it a driver problem perhaps?

kiwi
03-12-2009, 12:51pm
iah iajao uyqip[ qio suo spiiqpi a p[i qpi pq !!!!

Lani
03-12-2009, 12:52pm
Thankyou...very helpful!

kiwi
03-12-2009, 12:58pm
J'essaie d'aider

Lani
03-12-2009, 1:05pm
Vous pourriez devoir essayer plus dur ! :D

campo
03-12-2009, 1:05pm
it would be too easy if things just worked...i reckon Microsoft built in some "undocumented features" just to keep us all on the ball...

Lani
03-12-2009, 1:07pm
So maybe hotkeys I've been accidentally hitting? :o

kiwi
03-12-2009, 1:11pm
मॅँ आपका जवाब देने का प्रयास कर रहा हूं प्रश्न

I @ M
03-12-2009, 1:12pm
Have you cut your fingernails lately? -------------- :D

Lani
03-12-2009, 1:17pm
Think it might be to do with activating the dvorak keyboard layout accidentally so just removed it. I am not nuts apparently....Google was my friend...not like you lot!:p :D

Well, I'll wait and see if that was the problem.

You win Kiwi, no idea what that language even is, lol.

arthurking83
03-12-2009, 1:25pm
.... it might be to do with activating the dvorak keyboard layout accidentally so just removed it. I am not nuts apparently......

So, does that mean dvorak was nuts? :D

.. I think I finally got my mouse problem finally sorted(to 99% acceptable level) but now I'm having intermittent trouble with the numerical keypad :rolleyes:

kiwi
03-12-2009, 1:27pm
hindi, glad I could help

:)

Kym
03-12-2009, 1:34pm
ǝƃɐnƃuɐl uɐılɐɹʇsnɐ uʍo ʇı sɐɥ ɹǝpunuʍop

CherylB
03-12-2009, 8:59pm
Think it might be to do with activating the dvorak keyboard layout accidentally so just removed it. I am not nuts apparently....Google was my friend...not like you lot!:p :D

Ah, Dvorak!!!! I'm quite partial to the New World Symphony. ;)

Miaow
03-12-2009, 9:35pm
Havent had it like that but I something have it changing to international if type ' doesnt do anything unless type another and then get 2 - if you type ' and e wont show the ' but the e will have an accent etc - sometimes does it mainly in firefox when 1st happened didnt matter what used was the same - had to change a setting under regional setting and language think was in advanced somewhere since then will occasionly go strange but closing and re opening firefox seems to help :)

AK7
06-12-2009, 4:25pm
If only one language with only one keyboard layout ("US") is used, this problem won't occur. Miaow, sounds like you have an incorrect keyboard layout such as UK keyboard or US International included in your current language; or you have a separate language configured and that has the incorrect keyboard layout assigned to it. Stick with ONLY the "US" keyboard layout and all should be fine ;)

Peppe
07-12-2009, 4:26pm
Oh merde nous parlions français et j'ai manqué ma chance de répondre :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pep

I @ M
07-12-2009, 4:30pm
Good onya Peppe, I have always been partial to a bit of French myself ------- some of their good reds and cheeses are the sort of things you leave home for. :D

Now what exactly was it that you were saying?

Peppe
08-12-2009, 8:22am
Good onya Peppe, I have always been partial to a bit of French myself ------- some of their good reds and cheeses are the sort of things you leave home for. :D

Now what exactly was it that you were saying?

"Oh shit we were talking french and i missed my chance to respond!!!!!"

Pep

ps Sorry Lani i'm not much help am I :o:o

Invictus
08-12-2009, 4:26pm
It's not just MS keyboards that I have seen this happen with for Keyboard layout and/or language types.
It's more often a regional setting in Windows that is changed. (software/user issue). I've not found a single conclusive symptom/cause that creates or simulates the issue every time.
But yes, Dvorak layout matches your mistyped corresponding key strokes you mentioned. ;)

*gives peppe the usual look* :lol2: