PDA

View Full Version : Fixing skin tones

accesser
01-12-2009, 9:42pm
Hi all, Over the weekend I got a few nice model shots at a meet-up, I have one that I really like but the underside of the models arm is very pale white.

I am using CS4 and have been trying different things with little success in fixing it, Any suggestions welcome :-) I'd like to fix it myself I'm just a little lost as to how I should go about it.

dbax
01-12-2009, 10:11pm
Ok first let me say I know little about portraiture!
two methods come to mind straight away.

1.Duplicate layer>change blending mode of top layer to multiply
>Layer>layer mask> hide all
Use a soft white brush to paint in the forearm area of concern( make sure your painting the mask and not the picture, see layers pallete)

2. open new layer
Edit>fill>use 50%gray>OK
change blending mode to Overlay
In the range box( just under the topmost menu, just to the left of exposure) select highlights
select burn tool(adjust exposure % as needed) and paint the fore arm area

Hope I haven't missed any steps
good luck

accesser
01-12-2009, 10:16pm
Having a tinker now thank for taking the time

Raven
05-12-2009, 12:34pm
Do you know how to use the history palette and history brush?

You might be able to adjust the colour of the arm via hue and saturation, take a snapshot and use the history brush to bring it up via the original. It's a bit tricky to get used to using it and I've only recently learned how to myself.

accesser
05-12-2009, 1:01pm
Do you know how to use the history palette and history brush?

You might be able to adjust the colour of the arm via hue and saturation, take a snapshot and use the history brush to bring it up via the original. It's a bit tricky to get used to using it and I've only recently learned how to myself.

Cant say I do but will have a poke around and see what I can get so far my edits don't look so great her arm ends up looking like she has gang-green