PDA

View Full Version : O Noes! My Kitty is a Conehead!

Calxoddity
29-11-2009, 1:22pm
Hi,
This is what happens when kitty doesn't get the first hit in and ends up with an abscess in his side. This is not long after he got back from surgery at the vet, and I think he's grumpy with me....

Miaow
29-11-2009, 1:32pm
Poor guy doesnt look happy :( I remember my cat after an op had one of those on cause had a catherter in and to stop him getting to it - I think it last about 15 mins before he destroyed it :/

Edited to add: did he get a hit in the eye also - looks a little closed etc or still a bit sedated? The same cat of mine mentioned before got a punctured eye ball in a fight ended up an expensive op they sorta have to move his eye to clean all around it :eek:

ricktas
29-11-2009, 1:42pm
Ouch..and I would be grumpy with you too if you made me wear a bucket on my head. Hope Kitty recovers fast.

Calxoddity
29-11-2009, 6:02pm
He went back to the vet today and had the drain removed, but it's another week of cone-headedness for kitty. BTW, his eyes are fine - might be the anasthetic, but mainly he's grumpy and giving me The Look.

Analog6
29-11-2009, 8:03pm
It is officially called an Elizabethan collar! And while it is for his own good, I guess I'd be grumpy too if I had a big plastic thing round my neck for a week. Lots of pats and treats to keep him cheerful. Hint: A spoonful of thickened cream usually goes down a treat!

NikonNellie
29-11-2009, 8:25pm
Ooh - poor Kitty. I hope it recovers quickly - it must be very frustrating for an animal to have to wear one of these collars especially when you want to have a scratch behind the ear. :(:action: