PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding opera browser

stevemack
25-11-2009, 7:55pm
Ok i use opera browser have done for years all website photos show up fine
other than smug mug just wont open any just blank anyone have any tips cheers.

steve.

I @ M
25-11-2009, 8:01pm
Some sort of compatibility issue I guess Steve, your smugmug site is loading fine here ( firefox ), maybe an email to smugmug asking about issues?

ricktas
25-11-2009, 8:08pm
Opera doesnt like AP either. Do you see the same ad four times on each page of the site?

stevemack
25-11-2009, 8:18pm
i think its just a setting somewhere on the opera taskbar but stuffed if i know

Rick i see 2 ads on each page.

steve.

ricktas
25-11-2009, 8:42pm
2 at top and 2 at bottom and i reckon they are all the same ad? Opera does that, all other browsers, members see 4 different ads

Tannin
25-11-2009, 8:43pm
Maybe Smugmug was down for a while, Steve - Smugmug works fine in Opera. I just tried it, works perfectly. So does AP for that matter. If it didn't, I probably wouldn't come here (because after you get used to Opera, using an ordinary browser is a drag).

stevemack
26-11-2009, 6:49pm
Nah definatley something in my opera settings it still wont load the pics when you click on the thumbnails. AP has always worked brilliant for me never any probs with any other site other than smug mug.

steve.

Tannin
26-11-2009, 8:06pm
You didn't do something silly like untick "send referrer information" in tools/oprefferences/advanced/network? That would break a lot of sites.

stevemack
26-11-2009, 8:17pm
Nah refferer logging is ticked :confused013

steve.

Tannin
26-11-2009, 8:29pm
Steve, post the address of a particulra Smugmug page that doesn't work for you in Opera. Let's make sire that I'm testing the right thing.

stevemack
26-11-2009, 8:52pm
Ok this is a page of my site that should be my landscape gallery
but is blank no pics on opera here.

http://www.ambient-aperture-photography.com/Landscapes/landscapes/10233731_NbgXo

Tannin
26-11-2009, 9:04pm
Wow! Some nice shots there!

http://tannin.net.au/other/ap2/0911/opera-smugmug.jpg

As you can see, Opera works perfectly on that site.

OK, it's not an Opera problem, what is it? Let's try some questions to narrow the problem down a bit.

1: does it work OK in another browser (e.g., Firefox, Seamonkey)?
2: what anti-virus and firewall software are you using?
3: (via edit) What drugs are the Smugmug web designers taking? That's a daft way to write a website. No matter, we know Opera copes OK with it, but they still ought to be shot for writing a crappola pile of junk code like that and calling it a web design, Brllfsp!

stevemack
26-11-2009, 9:15pm
Ok works fine with IE
Anti-Virus/NOD 32
Firewall/microsoft standaed.

Tannin
26-11-2009, 9:35pm
OK, Nod32 should be OK, and the Windows firewall is just about the only Microsoft security product worth spitting on.

1: Back up your Opera bookmarks, (Check help/about Opera for the location - pprobably something like: C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Opera\Opera\bookmarks.adr

2: Uninstall Opera (through control panel/add-remove programs)

3: delete the Opera preferences data (delete a folder with a name like C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Opera)

4: reboot

5: reinstall Opera

That certainly ought to do it.

stevemack
26-11-2009, 10:08pm
Well just Uninstalled opera and rebooted it and works fine now :th3:

Thanks for helping out tony appreciated ;)

steve.

Tannin
26-11-2009, 10:21pm
Excellent!