PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Sensor Swabs

cupic
22-11-2009, 7:17pm
I have stubborn dust on my sensor and no amount to blowing will fix it believe me on that ...any-ways I have ordered a wet cleaning system namely Eclipse Sensor Swabs works great on you tube videos and my question is who has used it and are still using this products.I have ordered through Vanbar.Your thoughts

cheers

ricktas
22-11-2009, 7:22pm
I use ecliplse stuff all the time. AP advertiser - Quality Camera sells it. Easy to use and works very well. There is more than one type of Eclipse fluid and you need to use the right one for your sensor though.

AndyK
23-11-2009, 7:31pm
Another vote for the Eclipse stuff. I have both types of fluid and two different size wands as my wife and I have 4 DSLR bodies between us. The product has worked brilliantly. As Rick says, contact Stu at Quality Camera.

reaction
26-11-2009, 1:05pm
I used it, didn't like it much. Took too many goes and swabs to clean out, and couldn't ever get the edges of the sensor.

Q97
29-11-2009, 6:20pm
Officially, no, I'd never use it as it would invalidate my Nikon warranty.

However, I did use it with good results on the D60 before deciding that it really was the sensor that was stuffed. Read the instructions carefully and be fairly firm with your action.

cupic
07-12-2009, 9:40pm
Used them and thoroughly love the way it clean that and the you tube video works a charm highly recommended them

cheers

Tannin
07-12-2009, 9:55pm
One tip: be sure to seal the bottle very carefully - the damn stuff evaporates in no time at all!

ricktas
07-12-2009, 9:59pm
One tip: be sure to seal the bottle very carefully - the damn stuff evaporates in no time at all!

Ain't that the truth!

Seesee
09-12-2009, 3:07pm
I've had my original bottle for more than 12 months now and still 3/4 full, very economical and effective....so long as the lid's screwed on well.

ravescar
18-05-2010, 10:30am
While shopping i found E2 sensor cleaning solution is now discontinued, as they have conducted a study and found the original Eclipse solution perfectly ok to use for Tin Oxide Sensor of eg EOS 1D Mk2 and 5D Classic.

So they now recommend Eclipse solution for all the camera sensor.

astrogirl529
18-05-2010, 8:50pm
Does it come with swabs or do your buy those separately?

kiwi
18-05-2010, 8:56pm
Slightly off topic, but I went to my local camera store who didn't have copper hill but did have dust aid

I've succesfully managed now to wet clean a very dirty sensor and dry clean too a couple of times

YouTube was great to show you what to do

I feel free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ravescar
19-05-2010, 9:43am
Does it come with swabs or do your buy those separately?

Eclipse solution is sold separately, i am sure there is a kit somewhere though that include Swab and Eclipse solution.