PDA

View Full Version : Yongnuo flash

kwokask
18-11-2009, 3:58pm
Anybody have any experience with this brand of flash?
It's very cheap on ebay and has manual controls.

I @ M
18-11-2009, 4:29pm
Have a quick read of http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=40058&highlight=yongnuo by JM Tran and give him a holler for more advice kwoksak. I think he is the only person on here that I can remember buying one.

Adrian Fischer
18-11-2009, 5:53pm
Hi Kwokask, I have two of the YongNuo YN460. For the price they are very good. Compared to my SB600 its about as solid build wise. I use them and the SB600 with wireless triggers and have had pretty good success with them. Trial and error is the key to working out adjusting the power settings. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend the if you want to get into strobing.

Colourised
19-11-2009, 1:35am
i have one of it as well and it definitely works! but.. the saying u get what u pay for is true for this item here.

sometimes its 'hard' to switch it on. by hard meaning ill need to press the ON button a couple of times to get it turned on. but then again after its switched on its fine! build quality is pretty good for something in that price range imo. and recycle times are pretty quick as well.

i wouldnt mind getting another set of it, but if i really had money to spend id opt for maybe.. the Lumopro120 from mpex for better reliability.

unless u need reliability for professional shoots, its pretty good value i guess!
:food04:

Darvidanoar
19-11-2009, 8:14am
I have the 301P transmitter/receiver pair and they work just fine. They're cheap as chips and delivery was just a few days, but don't expect anything fancy like ETTL etc :) The 301 will fire using wireless or can be triggered by another flash (eg. your onboard flash)

kwokask
21-11-2009, 1:16am
Ok thanks for all your advise! They are pretty cheap, so I might give them a try.

NikonNellie
22-11-2009, 11:12pm
sometimes its 'hard' to switch it on. by hard meaning ill need to press the ON button a couple of times to get it turned on. but then again after its switched on its fine! build quality is pretty good for something in that price range imo. and recycle times are pretty quick as well.

:food04:

I have the same problem with my Yongnuo. I use mine with a Cactus V4 wireless trigger and it works fine and I have used it as a slave flash as well. I think for the price it was a good buy - even if I just use it until I can buy another speedlight.

Dylan & Marianne
25-11-2009, 12:46pm
Thanks for commenting on this threat again - I coudln't for the life of me remember the brand name that was being discussed while I was in China :(....
Now I might try a couple out myself

Bear Dale
25-11-2009, 1:05pm
I have that brand wireless triggers. So far I can't fault them.

Colourised
26-11-2009, 4:25am
heard that their wireless trigger/remotes RF-602s are pretty well built and reliable too.

srowlandson
10-12-2009, 6:26pm
i have 3 x yn460's and 3 x ctr301p, awesome kit for the price