PDA

View Full Version : Colorvision Spyder and Win 7

ricktas
18-11-2009, 12:53pm
Got my new PC late yesterday. Been happily installing all my software on it, everything installing fine BUT.

Colorvision Spyder 2Pro and all other Spyder 2 models will not work with Win 7 64bit. Colorvision website states they will not be providing Win 7 64bit support for the Spyder 2 range at all. Thought posting here as a warning might be worthwhile.

Looks like I might be spending more money soon on a new calibrator.

CherylB
18-11-2009, 1:09pm
Thanks for the heads-up Rick.

I haven't upgraded from Vista yet on my laptop, but I have the disk ready to go. However, it's only the 32 bit version anyway.

I also have the Spyder3. So, I'm hoping that will be okay.

elgoogoogle
18-11-2009, 1:14pm
interested in selling your old spyder

ricktas
18-11-2009, 1:31pm
interested in selling your old spyder

Not yet..have 2 win xp machines still at present. When I do buy a new one, I will probably sell my old one.

maccaroneski
18-11-2009, 1:57pm
Rick, my Spyder 2 Express works a treat with Win 7 RC 643 bit - I downloaded the latest driver from the website, installed it, and away I went...

Maybe the don't "support" it but that doesn't mean it won't work - I'm using plenty of native 32 bit programs with no problems.

ricktas
18-11-2009, 2:17pm
Rick, my Spyder 2 Express works a treat with Win 7 RC 643 bit - I downloaded the latest driver from the website, installed it, and away I went...

Maybe the don't "support" it but that doesn't mean it won't work - I'm using plenty of native 32 bit programs with no problems.

Interesting, cause I have tried to run mine with the downloaded driver and it just crashes..often telling me the device is not installed properly. Which made me go check out their website to find an article saying they would not support win 7 x64 for spyder 2 models. Might have to play with it more.