PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Curves Tutorials

rushnp774
16-11-2009, 9:27am
I just wrote a post on my blog about how to use curves in Photoshop (http://www.metavophoto.com/blog/learn-the-power-of-curves-in-photoshop/). It goes over some of the basics of what can be done with curves, and how to accomplish it.

There are a couple of YouTube videos, and a before & after shot of mine demonstrating how powerful curves can be.

Hopefully it helps some of you out there. If you have any question, comments, or suggestions about topics you'd like to learn about in the future, please let me know and I'll make a post about it.

Bear Dale
16-11-2009, 10:06am
Thank you.

cupic
16-11-2009, 11:19am
Thanks for the find the more info the better TFS

cheers

bigdazzler
16-11-2009, 11:49am
Gday mate .. I wouldnt mind a comprehensive tutorial on blending modes if you have time ?? :D

Its something im struggling with a little .. :o

stoj19
16-11-2009, 12:05pm
Thanks man, appreciate it :)

judybee
16-11-2009, 2:30pm
Thanks for that. i am just starting on Photoshop and it is pretty daunting. I am happy to listen to a simple explanation of levels. very helpful.

bigdazzler
16-11-2009, 4:59pm
i am just starting on Photoshop and it is pretty daunting. I am happy to listen to a simple explanation of levels.

have a look at Ricks Levels Tutuorial (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=22436) Judy ... :th3:

rushnp774
17-11-2009, 11:21am
YW to all that it helped!

Gday mate .. I wouldnt mind a comprehensive tutorial on blending modes if you have time ?? :D

That was actually something I started a while back, but couldn't get right. I'll definitely do some more research and see what I can whip up.

Thanks for that. i am just starting on Photoshop and it is pretty daunting. I am happy to listen to a simple explanation of levels. very helpful.

No problem! I'm sure a lot of this info seems pretty basic, but when I first started learning Photoshop, it was well-done, basic videos that really opened my eyes to what PS can do.

rushnp774
19-11-2009, 12:12pm

I'm working on a 3-part series all about blending modes now. Expect to become an expert within the next few weeks :D

Anyone else have suggestions for things they'd like to learn about?

old dog
19-11-2009, 12:26pm
thanks. Just had a look and going to have a go at it.

rushnp774
20-11-2009, 11:59am
Glad they helped all of you! I'm working on a big 3-part series on Photoshop blending modes, so stay tuned. It's something I've had some requests for and have wanted to do for a long time.

mongo
20-11-2009, 12:39pm
very much appreciated.