PDA

View Full Version : My princess ..

bigdazzler
14-11-2009, 8:23pm
awwww ... :cheeky33: :p :D

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/DarrenGrayPhotography/BELLA_PARKBENCH_WEBcopy.jpg

clm738
14-11-2009, 8:57pm
Beautiful photo Darren, your Princess has peaceful eyes. Could you clone out the bright spot near her right shoulder? It is very distracting to me.

bigdazzler
14-11-2009, 9:21pm
Thanks Carmen... you should see her eyes when I do something to annoy her ... look of death I tell ya :D

campo
14-11-2009, 9:30pm
great shot darren, love the lighting

mongo
14-11-2009, 9:36pm
Big D, your usual stuff is technically complex and very professional looking.

Mongo must say, there is something very simple and very pleasing about this great image.

yummymummy
14-11-2009, 9:46pm
Stunnin photo of a beautiful young woman Darren! I bet she loves it too :) Well done!! :th3:

dbax
15-11-2009, 9:25am
Big D, your usual stuff is technically complex and very professional looking.

Mongo must say, there is something very simple and very pleasing about this great image.

agree 100%:th3::th3:

jgknight
15-11-2009, 9:34am
Beautiful shot Darren. My eyes are drawn immediately to hers (I have always been an eye man). A very attractive young lady so look after her.
I may have chosen a slightly different crop as the right hand side of the picture tends to draw the eyes away from the main subject matter. Beautifully exposed and a lovely photo, well done.

I have taken the liberty to rework the shot to keep the interest on the subject (my humble opinion) but then, it may not have been what you were trying to achieve. Apart from the crop, I removed the rail on the left hand side (a little distracting), toned down the bright spot on her back.
Please tell me if I have overstepped the boundaries but offering my suggestions.http://jgknight.smugmug.com/photos/713071888_xSSAT-S.jpg

bigdazzler
15-11-2009, 5:39pm
Not at all mate .. I welcome others peoples take on PP and editing. However, in this case I prefer the original. I am a fan of negative space in my compositions, particularly in my portraiture, so I generally will compose with my subject/model sitting somewhere on, or close to, a third in the frame, and especially outdoors with nature/trees/flowers etc as backgrounds. I think by cropping tight in shots like this, you kinda negate the lovely bokeh and tones of the background. Thanks for the comments and suggestions :)

Gregg Bell
15-11-2009, 6:59pm
Is this your girlfriend? the subject was taken well, however I agree with john, I prefer the cropped version...

Prang
15-11-2009, 7:28pm
Very good shot with a nice angle and light.

Darren are you starting to find your partner and sister calling you Sony by mistake.

bigdazzler
15-11-2009, 7:58pm
Is this your girlfriend? the subject was taken well, however I agree with john, I prefer the cropped version...

yea mate, she is my girlfriend .. plenty of pictures of her on AP, just search "Bella" .. ;)

yea fair enough about the opinion on the crop, just not to my taste :)

bigdazzler
15-11-2009, 8:00pm
Very good shot with a nice angle and light.

Darren are you starting to find your partner and sister calling you Sony by mistake.

haha .. they both call me a lot of things mate .. :eek::D

Astroman
15-11-2009, 8:08pm
Very nice image mate. She has a killer smile. I like the empty space, particularly off the back. Only thing that took my eyes away was the cluttered background with the rails and bright spots. I am also wondering why this is in FUN when it's a great Portrait.

bigdazzler
15-11-2009, 8:26pm
ahhh i dunno mate .. wasnt really sure where to put it to be honest. I suppose it is a posed shot by definition (shes looking at the camera waiting to get her photo taken after all) but to me its candid, probably because of all the "really posed" studio stuff that Ive been doing .. a cute shot of my gf in a park feels really candid to me :)

Gregg Bell
16-11-2009, 5:53am
ahhh i dunno mate .. wasnt really sure where to put it to be honest. I suppose it is a posed shot by definition (shes looking at the camera waiting to get her photo taken after all) but to me its candid, probably because of all the "really posed" studio stuff that Ive been doing .. a cute shot of my gf in a park feels really candid to me :)

candid or candy? :p

bigdazzler
16-11-2009, 6:15am
candid or candy? :p

respect mate .. shes not a random model this one ;)