PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom Academic Version ..

bigdazzler
13-11-2009, 7:35pm
Anyone using the Academic version of LR .. If so, did you need to send ID to Adobe to get the serial number ??

Weve had this discussion on here before about PS CS4, but that was a student version (even cheaper again than the academic/educational versions) and my understanding is you dont need to supply ID for the edu.versions ?? Can anyone confirm ??

I @ M
13-11-2009, 7:59pm
Seems to be highly dependant on who you buy it from Darren.

Yes you do ---- http://www.studentdiscounts.com.au/misc/eligibility.shtml?sid=b4564b7ce2f6d53b9ba6ead6e40db2f1

No you don't ---- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220491851650

Yes you do ---- http://www.educationsoftware.com.au/content.php?id=16

:confused013

bigdazzler
13-11-2009, 8:20pm
Yea Andrew its a little confusing isnt it. I got a student version of CS4 from City Software and had to supply an ID to Adobe, there was no serial # in the box. Ive heard that with the educational/academic versions thats not necessary, the only stipulation being that they cant be used for "commercial" purposes ..

Just wondered if anyone had bought it and had to supply the ID or if it came with serial # ?? If necessary I can provide the documents anyway but id rather not if I dont have to .. ;)

Lani
13-11-2009, 8:41pm
I bought mine from Student discounts, had to supply ID to them not Adobe, just a scan of union card, and it came with serial #, so just registered as normal.

bigdazzler
13-11-2009, 8:52pm
mmm thats different to what happened to me with CS4 .. I got the DVD package delivered by courier but there was no serial#, only an application form which needed to be sent to Adobe with a scan of student ID, within an hour they had emailed me a serial# .. but that was a student version, not an edu.version

clm738
13-11-2009, 9:59pm
Hi Darren. Ordered lightroom 2 from this ebay au site yesterday - no ID -will be here on Monday.
http://shop.ebay.com.au/engine_it/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

elgoogoogle
13-11-2009, 11:24pm
mmm thats different to what happened to me with CS4 .. I got the DVD package delivered by courier but there was no serial#, only an application form which needed to be sent to Adobe with a scan of student ID, within an hour they had emailed me a serial# .. but that was a student version, not an edu.version

everytime i have done it it has needed to be sent by the post, no email accepted, and it has taken 7-10 days to have an email sent to me with a serial number. you must be pretty lucky to get it back in an hour.

bigdazzler
13-11-2009, 11:42pm
I reckon it was even less than an hour mate.. I don't even think they would have had time to even look at the attached PDF with the ID.

Calxoddity
14-11-2009, 8:25am
Darren,
You leaving Aperture for the Dark Side? Noooooooooo...... :eek:

nick351
14-11-2009, 9:43am
Darren,

Ive got both Photoshop CS4 and lightroom student/academic version. The photoshop has no serial number, where I have to send away a copy of my student ID, but the lightroom has the serial number on the casing, and i didnt have to produce an ID when i purchased it.

By the way, check out engine_it he has awesome prices on there.

Havent installed either as im waiting for uni exams to finish to buy a new macbook pro!

Prang
14-11-2009, 4:40pm
Brought mine on ebay for $45 for the registration, but I noticed the seller is no longer registered so it works for now and I will update it when LR3 comes out.

When I brought it I thought it was a second hand copy, but ended up being a Serial Number, even though it works I would not recommend it.

There is only the education Version available which if you buy from Adobe Australia through the academic shop, you don't need any proof.
About $180 as a D/L or $195 Delivered to your home.

Prang
14-11-2009, 4:48pm
I brought CS4 Student for my son online from Adobe for $185 and was sent the code straight away with out asking for the proof even though we had it ready to email.
That was a D/L.

bigdazzler
14-11-2009, 7:50pm
There is only the education Version available which if you buy from Adobe Australia through the academic shop, you don't need any proof.
About $180 as a D/L or $195 Delivered to your home.

I found the Academic version a bit cheaper than that Pete (DVD copy) including delivery from the same online software stroe that i bought my copy of CS4.

I brought CS4 Student for my son online from Adobe for $185 and was sent the code straight away with out asking for the proof even though we had it ready to email.
That was a D/L.

Yea it makes you wonder about all this ID stuff doesnt it ?? I sent the scanned documents and almost immediately I had a reply from Adobe with the serial# for CS4.

birdie
23-02-2010, 10:50pm
Anyone know what the deal is when say you buy the Academic versions as a student, and then a later stage you become a professional are you required to by the regular commercial version even if its the same version? I'm guessing yes you "should" but just checking...