PDA

View Full Version : HELP! need a wedding contract

busybeeworks
06-11-2009, 12:54pm
Hi Guys!

I am in need of a wedding contract.. I dont know where to start.. i have been shooting some weddings already this year but it is through trust that we have agreed.

Where can i get a template? Do i need to consult a lawyer for this?

I hope someone can help me...

BUSYBEEWORKS

MarkChap
06-11-2009, 12:57pm
google could be your friend

But be very aware of copyright, be sure that anything you find is relevant to Australian law, after you find something, consult a legal professional to be sure.

This really is something that should be dealt with by a proffesional

Fantasyphoto
06-11-2009, 1:04pm
I used one similar to this when I married Mrs Fantasy last year.....

"We are gathered here today to join together __________ and __________ in holy
matrimony.
Who gives this woman in marriage to this man?"

But seriously this is where organisations such as the AIPP will prove helpful.

ricktas
06-11-2009, 1:30pm
Agree that google can be your friend. Make sure it is relevant to Australia though, as stated above.

http://www.copyright.org.au/ can be useful. Most Wedding photographers end up creating their own, based on templates as each photographer may have differing requirements.

busybeeworks
06-11-2009, 1:48pm
thanks! is AIPP recommended to budding wedding photographers like me?

Fantasyphoto
06-11-2009, 2:04pm
thanks! is AIPP recommended to budding wedding photographers like me?

It depends how professional you intend to be.

They have a sample wedding contract on their website, their membership fees seem reasonable for a professional body and all contracts are free for members.

kiwi
06-11-2009, 2:13pm
you can join as an emerging member, if you pm longshot he will help you im sure

deasty1
06-11-2009, 2:24pm
Not just the contracts for free, they're really helpful in so many other areas as well.
Well worth the membership fee, and you get all the help you ask for.

Longshots
06-11-2009, 4:19pm
Yes Join AIPP. The contracts are fair, reasonable and free. Plus it will give you the introduction to other AIPP members, and if you're joining as an emerging member, other members will probably assist you in adapting the AIPP one to meet your individual needs.

Contact me if you want any more help or advice on AIPP information.

Their contact details are www.aipp.com.au

busybeeworks
06-11-2009, 8:13pm
Yes Join AIPP. The contracts are fair, reasonable and free. Plus it will give you the introduction to other AIPP members, and if you're joining as an emerging member, other members will probably assist you in adapting the AIPP one to meet your individual needs.

Contact me if you want any more help or advice on AIPP information.

Their contact details are www.aipp.com.au

thanks longshot! i was about to do that this afternoon but the stat dec part requires that my business should have "a minimum of 5million indemnity insurance against public liability"... we dont have any insurance yet,, i just asked nrma for a quote.. any suggestions on how i wil go about on this and how much does indemnity insurance cost?

thanks heaps!

Longshots
07-11-2009, 12:44pm
Just call me :) And I can point you in the right direction.

You can apply and tell them that youre getting the insurance and then prove that later.

seanmullins
03-05-2010, 10:23am
Not just the contracts for free, they're really helpful in so many other areas as well.
Well worth the membership fee, and you get all the help you ask for.

Hi,
I am also an emerging member of AIPP and find it's a very useful organisation, especially the talks given by other photographers. However, I didn't think the wedding contract they list is especially useful - I'm also trying to come up with one at the moment.