PDA

View Full Version : QLD Dicky beach outing - Thanks to all who attended and to Rick for making it possible

GlennSan
01-11-2009, 5:10pm
I just had a little fun during the last 10 minutes while shooting in the light showers at Dicky Beach this weekend. I packed my glo-stick especially for this.

Thanks to all who attended, it was great and thanks also to Rick and AP for making it possible to link up with people so easily through the AP site :th3:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2608/4062663537_d8ce1d7911_o.jpg

powellbruce
01-11-2009, 5:28pm
Great shot see what happens at the end of a big day.

Analog6
01-11-2009, 6:12pm
Ripper of a shot, well done!

GlennSan
01-11-2009, 6:17pm
If it wasn't for the darn passing showers Odille, I would have done a better job with the light stick. After two attempts and continuing showers, I'd had enough and called it quits. There's always next time :th3:

DAdeGroot
01-11-2009, 6:22pm
I wondered if you'd cop any showers up there. Well done with the light-writing ;-)

Allann
01-11-2009, 6:24pm
Great finish for what was undoubtedly one of the best AP meets I've been to yet. It just wouldn't have been a success if it were not for the people that turned up, and help make it what it was, so thanks heaps from me. I would also like to second Glensan's thanks to Rick & co for making it possible.

GlennSan
01-11-2009, 6:45pm
I would have spelt our "rocks" instead or "rox" but I would have got rather wet due to the extra letters. The waves were still crashing and my enthusiasm had taken a hit due to the rain delays.

The problem was Dave, they weren't long or heavy showeres so we were being teased mercilessly by the gods. "Should we go or stay, stay or go, oh look, it's stopped, let's go set up again" We spent about 20 minutes sheltering under the life-saver's lookout hut at one point.

Special "sticking-to-it" award goes to David, ex-bagubun, who was the last one still keeping-on-keeping-on when I packed up. I'd only been back at my cabin 15 minutes when he showed up though and he was just a little damp. :)

Darvidanoar
01-11-2009, 8:00pm
I would have spelt our "rocks" instead or "rox" but I would have got rather wet due to the extra letters. The waves were still crashing and my enthusiasm had taken a hit due to the rain delays....
I'm a bit slow tonight, my first thought when i saw your pick was "Approximately what?":p

Nice one .. looks like you guys had some fun

tomo
01-11-2009, 8:53pm
I'm a bit slow tonight, my first thought when i saw your pick was "Approximately what?"

Exactly what I was thinking too, but couldn't believe that he spelt it with only one P!

ricktas
01-11-2009, 9:08pm
haha. Clever. Thank you for the kind words, but without the members AP would be nothing, so my thanks right back at you.

Miaow
02-11-2009, 12:43pm
Good shot :)