PDA

View Full Version : Extracting photos from slideshow dvd

latino
29-10-2009, 4:37pm
Hey guys,

A mate of mine had his hard drive completely die with minimal chance of recovery. He had some of his wedding photos on there and afraid they are lost for ever.

He has a DVD slideshow with the same pics on there, is there a way to extract the pictures from this slideshow? Just thought I would try to see if its possible at all.

Cheers

Fantasyphoto
29-10-2009, 5:06pm
It depends on how the show has been put together, if it is in .exe format I believe it will be very difiicult.

You can always use the Print Scrn capture method to recover a low resolution version.

ricktas
29-10-2009, 6:08pm
Often the photographer who took the photos and put them onto DVD 'locks' them so that this very thing cannot happen. Is he able to go back to the photographer and get new copies.

ameerat42
29-10-2009, 8:01pm
Hi latino. How important are the photos? I'm guessing... How old is the drive, and what did it die from? A couple of times we rescued data from "dead" drives, where we had determined only the control board had carked it but the mechanics were OK. We used another like drive, swapped the CB over to it and took the data off. After that replaced the CB onto the good drive and used the old one for magnets. You have to be dextrous. Just a thought, though. Am...
PS. I forgot: drives are cheaper now than they were then...

boggo
29-10-2009, 8:42pm
If the exe does not allow screen captures, you can do it via a virtual machine... there is no way they could block a screen capture then. However, the pictures will be in low resolution by doing screen caps so you might want to contact the photographer or send the hard disk to one of those recovery places....

latino
30-10-2009, 9:01am
Thanks guys the drive is now in the hands of a professional who can hopefully recover the pics.

Burning Image
30-10-2009, 10:28pm
use sandisk recovery or recovery my data...

you can also import movie into photoshop as slides thought if the file is big, this will takes some time
you can then copy and past the frame you want