PDA

View Full Version : Fixing green reflection under the chin.

Raven
27-10-2009, 2:23pm
Can anyone give me a hint about how to fix a green colour cast under the chin caused by sitting my baby in a patch of daises?

Problem is that it's not really noticeable on screen but printed up it is. I have calibrated my monitor with a Spyder3 so was assuming that it's not my monitor...maybe it's my eyes ;)

Thanks!

Lani
27-10-2009, 2:27pm
What processing software are you using, Raven? In photoshop you can make a selection of the affected area and feather it, then drop the green saturation slider a touch til it it removes the colour cast. Maybe post the pic to see how much colour cast there is?

CherylB
27-10-2009, 9:21pm
The other thing to watch out for is the printer itself. Just because you have the monitor calibrated doesn't mean you'll be able to get a print that exactly matches what you see on the monitor. I know, because I have tried and tried to get a decent print but for the life of me, I cannot get colours printed close enough to what they should be!! I have a calibrated monitor, but just can't get the right profile I need for the printer.

How you can control this depends on the software you are using, the printer, the type of photographic paper and what the printer software "allows" you to take control of (or not as the case may be!).

If you are going to be doing a reasonable amount of printing and you want to make sure you get accurate results, there are companies that will build you a specific profile for your printer (one for each type of paper you use) that will enable you to get better results (for a price).

Raven
05-12-2009, 12:21pm
Sorry been flat out for the last couple of weeks and not had the time to visit :o

Lani I'm using photoshop and I'm not ashamed to say I am really green with PS lol & CherylB I'm not printing them myself :)

Here is the pic of my little girl and I see a bit of yellow under chin, on cheek, eyebrow and under elbows. On the RAW image it's not noticeable but once I pop the colours it shows. This one has had a soft pop action run on it.

I'll try doing as you say Lani and see how I go!