PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Zombie

DAdeGroot
26-10-2009, 8:49pm
I too dropped in to see the zombies yesterday, and took little Aleks along too. He ran out of space on his PowerShot A5 Zoom, so I passed him the 30D + 50/1.8, which he happily took 132 photos with (yet to post any though).

Anyway, the sheer volume of zombies proved too much for him so we left early, but he did make friends with one particular zombie by the name of Nick.

So I present, Nick, the Friendly Zombie:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2734/4041824579_28bb5690e3_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dadegroot/4041824579/)

Darvidanoar
27-10-2009, 2:45pm
Yes, he looks very friendly :confused013 lol

My wife reckons she wants to do this next year, but only if her makup can be so good that nobody will recognise her :p haha

I like the blood spats on the image, where did you get them from?

kiwi
27-10-2009, 3:06pm
nice pp work on this David

DAdeGroot
27-10-2009, 10:52pm
Yes, he looks very friendly :confused013 lol

My wife reckons she wants to do this next year, but only if her makup can be so good that nobody will recognise her :p haha

I like the blood spats on the image, where did you get them from?

The beauty of zombie makeup is that it really can be that good if you've got the time and talent to do it. ;-)

As for the splats, they're a blood-splat brush for photoshop, on a separate layer, colour sampled form the existing "blood" on the zombie, then changed the layer blend mode to Colour Burn.

nice pp work on this David

Thanks Darren :) I felt a bit of a different, but appropriate effect might be warranted.

yummymummy
27-10-2009, 10:55pm
Dave that's awesome! Love the makeup!
I was hoping I'd be able to go down there this year, one of my girlfriends was a zombie there :) ah well maybe next year!

Lani
27-10-2009, 10:56pm
Glad you explained how you did it, I spent a bit of time trying to work out what you had shot through?...then read your reply lol looks great...I obviously found it realistic. Well as realistic as zombies go.:D

DAdeGroot
27-10-2009, 11:00pm
Dave that's awesome! Love the makeup!
I was hoping I'd be able to go down there this year, one of my girlfriends was a zombie there :) ah well maybe next year!

Some people definitely go to a lot of effort for this thing, which is good to see really. There was one guy with a neck wound that was very realistic.

Glad you explained how you did it, I spent a bit of time trying to work out what you had shot through?...then read your reply lol looks great...I obviously found it realistic. Well as realistic as zombies go.:D

;-) Thanks Lani, glad the processing worked :)

mongo
28-10-2009, 6:49am
Nice job David. You probably have what it would take to improve Mongo’s looks and public image.

DAdeGroot
29-10-2009, 7:53am
Nice job David. You probably have what it would take to improve Mongo’s looks and public image.

Thanks Mongo, if you're ever in the area we can test that hypothesis out ;-)

Brenda
29-10-2009, 9:24am
Erk. Good effect. Had Zombies day in Brisbane last weekend. :p

41jas
30-10-2009, 9:46am
You have done an awesome job on precessing this into what it is. I love it.

Burning Image
30-10-2009, 10:25pm
ewww.....i mean great shot :)

DAdeGroot
30-10-2009, 11:16pm
Erk. Good effect. Had Zombies day in Brisbane last weekend. :p

Indeed, that's where it was shot :)

You have done an awesome job on precessing this into what it is. I love it.

Thanks Jules, turned out quite ok really.

ewww.....i mean great shot :)

hehehe Well I guess zombies aren't everyone's cup of tea.