PDA

View Full Version : Elinchrom D-Lite 4 To Go Lighting Kit

jeffde
26-10-2009, 1:42pm
Hi Help needed
I have a Elinchrom D-Lite 4 To Go Lighting Kit and what to buy a 3rd and maybe 4th Light. I use a Elinchrom Skyport on camera and on the main light.

If i buy a Elinchrom D-Lite 4 Head (1 or 2 more) will these automaticall talk to the main light.

Have asked Digital Camera Warehouse and got a vague maybe (maybe need another skyport maybe) type answer.

ie setup would be
Camera with Skyport Transeiver
Main Wlinchrom with Skyport receiver
2nd Light. - works off main light already
3rd Light ?
4th Light ?

Thanks anybody ??

Lani
26-10-2009, 1:58pm
Hi Geoff, I use my speedlights as extra lights for hair and backlighting.( I also have the dlite 4's.) Spose it depends on how much power you need, but they are fine in a reasonably small space and easy to modify. I have skyports, one receiver on a dlite, which triggers the second, and another on the SB900....transceiver on the camera.
I wouldn't think you would need another receiver if you get more Dlites tho, they should all trigger off the main light?

kiwi
26-10-2009, 2:07pm
Assuming that they have optical triggers you should only have to trigger the one main light assuming they all have line of sight ?

I @ M
26-10-2009, 2:08pm
They are much the same as many other heads Jeff, a simple effective photo cell slave function ensures they work at --- well --- the speed of light. :D

The only reason I can see to need more skyport commanders is if you want to switch between banks and groups without leaving the one spot.

jeffde
26-10-2009, 2:53pm
Thanks all

I thought that would be the case just talking to Digital Camera Warehouse put some doubt in my mind, (or they were trying to sell more skyports maybe ?)