PDA

View Full Version : EXIF Editor Canon Data

accesser
24-10-2009, 9:46pm
I am trying to find a way to edit the EXIF data on some photos I shot with a borrowed Canon.
I used a 1D MK3 and now all my shots have another persons details in the EXIF data
Values "Owner Name,Artist,By-line,Creator"

I did a little googling and found some software EXIFeditor & Exifer I cant get any of those to work as they don't appear to read or if they do read can not edit the Canon owner info.

Any suggestions as how I might be able to edit info out of the EXIF data ?

arthurking83
24-10-2009, 10:26pm
Exiftool is a good way to edit exit data, but is commandline(that means damned annoying :D)

So get ExifTool, AND ExifTool GUI(the graphical user interface for it).

I've edited NEF's with it(as have many thousands of others) and usually with no issues, but once I added geo positioning data into the exif of an NEF file, and the NEF got corrupted somehow.
Never tried that again(and my only reason for downloading EXIFTool in the first place), but now there is an easier way to do that.. so I haven't used it in ages.

Should be 99.999% secure for exif editing.

See EXIFTool GUI's (http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/exif/exiftoolgui.htm) webpage for more details.

accesser
24-10-2009, 10:40pm
Hmm ok cool I did come across that will have to give the non GUI one a go thanks :-) I'll see if I can get it to work