PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Bamboo Fun and PSCS4

rmlewis
24-10-2009, 3:53pm
Hi
I just got a Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch tablet.

I found it easy to get used to the touch and the Pen but I am having trouble using the PS CS4 brush.

If I make the brush say 100px on a normal image the touch function. the brush is about the same size as using a normal mouse.

However if I use the pen I cant make the brush action the same size as the circle that I see and only get a small fill much much smaller than the brush circle.

Can anyone help or point me to a tutorial?

BTW the Wacom Bamboo Fun doest let you use a mouse when it is connected. I thought that would be a problem but its just like using an iPhone. I don't miss my mouse at all now (as long as I sort out this brush size stuff!!)

Thanks

arthurking83
24-10-2009, 5:23pm
Sorry Rob, but I can't help with the sizing problem.. but I got to say those tablet/pen thingies are a great invention.

Have thought about getting one for quite a while now(years in fact) and I only just got one about 2 months ago.. and for photo editing, IT'S GREAT!(even the basic Bamboo Fun version, which I have too).

I have no issues with using it with CaptureNX2, so as I said, apologies for not having an answer.

ps. once you start using the pen method.. using the mouse(for photo editing, or just doodling about with other programs) seems backwards!
Took a while to get used to the device, after so many years of using a mouse, but once that period is done with it's smooth sailing.

I actually got the Bamboo device for my kids, who are into drawing stuff using the PC.. saves a ton of A4 paper, and I've downloaded a nifty program called Pivot Stickfigure Animator (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/stickfigure.html). A basic fun program for making animations with a simple stick figure.. and they absolutely love it. Beats mindless PC/Console games by a long way(for them).

EDIT: the bamboo does let you use the mouse when it's connected, but you have to move the pen away from the tablet. But if you're referring to the use of the pen/tablet and the mouse at the same time, you're right.. can't do it.
So if you can't use the mouse while the tablet is physically connected to the PC, maybe there's an issue with installation.
Mine is always connected, and the pen sits in the supplied holder which sits atop the tablet.. no device clash issues in 2 months of use.

dbax
24-10-2009, 6:50pm
Hey Rob, many of these things are pressure sensitive so you might only get your full brush size if you put pressure on it, rather than going gently with a mouse:D

rmlewis
25-10-2009, 7:29pm
EDIT: the bamboo does let you use the mouse when it's connected, but you have to move the pen away from the tablet. But if you're referring to the use of the pen/tablet and the mouse at the same time, you're right.. can't do it.
So if you can't use the mouse while the tablet is physically connected to the PC, maybe there's an issue with installation.
Mine is always connected, and the pen sits in the supplied holder which sits atop the tablet.. no device clash issues in 2 months of use.

Hey you are correct - I just believed what I read somewhere. I now have both the mouse and the tablet (touch and pen) working.
Thanks for the tip