PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Photos

pgbphotographytas
23-10-2009, 7:24am
Hi all,
It has been about a year since I did my last run of prints to put in my display album to show people, now is the time to update it before summer comes and I start getting busy taking more photos :th3:

At the moment I have a large display album much like what is used for scrap booking which works ok but is very large and not easy to carry around. I am thinking of either getting some photos printed A4 and putting them in to a display folder or getting a normal photo album and just putting them all in that.

I am keen to hear what other people do to display their photos?

Paul

kiwi
23-10-2009, 7:38am
I like having a display folder and using A4's myself (with the plastic sleeves)

More often than not now though I carry them around on my iphone, lol

Seesee
23-10-2009, 7:53am
I've been wondering myself what may be a good option for my pix to retain and easily view. Have printed quite a lot of A4's, but just have then in a box which is next to useless. Smaller prints than A4's dont appeal much to me, but yes A4 is a bit big and cumbersome to lug around. The other option would be to have a photobook made, problem is of course one cant add to it as one takes more pix.

I see some of the new compact cameras these days are coming equipped with built in projectors, that could be handy.

pgbphotographytas
23-10-2009, 7:56am
Thanks for the ideas, I am going to do some research and see what I can find.

Helen S
23-10-2009, 8:32am
I have 3 zipped folio cases... A4, A3 and A0. The A4 & A3 were picked up cheap from Neds (not sure what the Tassie equivalent is) and the A0 was a special order through my hubby's former employer.

OzzieTraveller
23-10-2009, 8:50am
G'day Paul
A very interesting QQ:

I travel Oz for much of each year, so I end up with lots of "Oz-travel" pix. At the end of each 3-6 monthly tour, I select about 75 images and print them as 4x6"s and insert them into a coffee-table hi-quality album, along with text giving image details printed onto envelope address sticky labels, and small scanned maps printed onto 6cm sq. sticky-labels. Idea is that people viewing do not need me to be there while they view the entire shebang.

I also have a set of wood photo-frames of about 11" x 14" in size ... where the photo can be removed easily. I print selected images as 8" x 12" (A4) and mount them into 11x14 mats ~ so that when people arrive to visit &/or dinner, they never know what part of Oz they will be presented with

Hope this helps, Regards, Phil