PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom 3 final release

monkey
22-10-2009, 4:44pm
lightroom 3 beta is out. does anyone know generally how long before the offical release will be out?

ricktas
22-10-2009, 5:10pm
lightroom 3 beta is out. does anyone know generally how long before the offical release will be out?

Depends how many issues come to light. Usually a few months.

trigger
22-10-2009, 5:58pm
I barely got use to LR2.... More money down the drain :D

Kym
22-10-2009, 7:52pm
CS5 can't be far behind - Adobe's plan to survive the GFC ;)

x9y-KIu69dc

mal from cessnock
24-10-2009, 1:58am
That was excellent Kym - loved it :)

TOM
24-10-2009, 8:22am
cool, that was Mark Hamill in that video

nisstrust
26-10-2009, 3:47pm
Ah Lightroom 3, for anyone that has not already tried lightroom 2/2.5 and held off on it, i know of a few members here that have not, you will be totally smitten by the new version (maybe)

Been playing with it and the few new features are fantastic, obviously a few bugs here and there. But i'm looking forward to the complete and finally iteration of LR 3.

kiwi
26-10-2009, 3:53pm
You can usually tell by when the Beta expires

Its expected that production version will be available Feb/Mar 2010

etherial
06-01-2010, 9:37pm
Hey all, I've just installed LR2.6 for a trial and have to say I am throughly impressed. My question is, has anyone heard when LR3 might be due out? I would be interested in buying it, but depends how long to wait. I also wondered about installing the beta and just using that until it is released, is it acceptably usable?

kiwi
06-01-2010, 10:01pm
Based on the past usually about two months after the beta expires

etherial
06-01-2010, 10:18pm
Thx Kiwi, I saw back in October you said maybe Feb March, and I had seen somewhere that the beta expires in April I think, could be wrong on that though. I'd be interested to know what people think of LR3 as well?

peterb666
06-01-2010, 10:37pm
Yes, the beta expires in April. Cannot remember exactly when (April 1? LoL).

I must be one of the few who doesn't like it but then I don't do much in the way of batch processing, rather just editing individual images. I won't be going from the beta to the release version.

Calxoddity
07-01-2010, 10:46pm
It will be interesting to see how things play out between LR3 beta, Aperture 3, and LR 3 final release dates.

The rumour is that Aperture 3 was going to be released before xmas but was pulled so that Apple could have a better look at LR3 inclusions. It's now expected that Aperture 3 will now come out in Feb/March, which is interesting timing. It would appear to be just before Adobe's intended LR release, perhaps to steal their thunder?

In any case, Adobe has the upper hand with market share, even if they couldn't design a decent UI to save their life. Aperture needs to have a cracker of a release to continue to be viable, whereas LR3 could be vomit on toast (how's that for a wonderful visual) and people would still buy it.

Roll on February!

Regards,
Calx

RuthJ
08-01-2010, 9:20am
Yes, the beta expires in April. Cannot remember exactly when (April 1? LoL).

I must be one of the few who doesn't like it but then I don't do much in the way of batch processing, rather just editing individual images. I won't be going from the beta to the release version.

I just started using it..supposed to be functional through April 2010. I'm finding the batch processing capabilities to be just what I needed. Workflow is so much faster now.

Geoff48
03-08-2010, 11:36am
It's always annoying to miss a critical update date. Purchased Lightroom 2 on14th May and the free apgrade date to Lightrooom 3 is 8th June. Now it is another $150 to upgrade. I should have read the Blogs earlier! However, it looks to be a good upgrade ( and I am a beginner)