PDA

View Full Version : Weird thing with ' and "

Miaow
22-10-2009, 4:06pm
Is this a setting somewhere? With this new computer everytime I type a ' it doesn't show and I have to do it 2 times which then shows 2 and backspace one? Its the same with ".

If i forget and type a letter after the ' or " for example I tend to get different language characters eg é ë á ö etc

If I can get this back to normal it would be great :D

Philr
22-10-2009, 5:10pm
My new one does it too! You type it once than have to either do it again or press spacebar??

Miaow
22-10-2009, 5:46pm
It's annoying isn't it Phil :( There must be someway to change it you'd think?

I noticed a post today that someone else's seemed to be doing it also cause saw some accents on a letter etc...

Miaow
22-10-2009, 6:22pm
ah think its been solved with Rick's help via MSN
Appears its in the regional settings - my keyboard seemed to be on us-international - language now on English aus-US and on a US keyboard (i think i removed a keyboard that i shouldnt have though :eek: oops - under regional - language tab and details

now is working ' " fine

Edited to add: i added back the keyboard i'd deleted but the comp has at least defaulted on US for keyboard now

I @ M
22-10-2009, 7:25pm
Cool :th3:, thought you would have realised that the only truly international keyboard symbol that Microsoft recognises is the $ key. :D

And even then they only release the code with one strike through instead of the proper two. :p

Miaow
22-10-2009, 7:41pm
thought you would have realised that the only truly international keyboard symbol that Microsoft recognises is the $ key. :D

LOL So true :D