PDA

View Full Version : Self-Hosted E-Commerce Photo Gallery

birdie
20-10-2009, 10:55pm
I'm considering setting up a website with one of my domains and web hosting which I already have and would like to offer prints to be able to be purchased.

I've seen smugmug and redbubble but I'd prefer to have "Wordpress" style package as i already have hosting that I'm paying for so I can put it there...

Are there any packages out there that do this sort of thing?

I'm not worried about handling of orders as I'll just use DigitalWorks to get them printed... and I don't think it'll be high volume... I'm just thinking of targeting local people mainly with photos of the region...

The only other thing I'd need is some sort of payment method... i guess i could use PayPal... is there any other easy to use Payment gateways that don't require the user to sign up so if they want to pay by credit card or whatever they can... I've signed up for a Paypal merchant account as i think this is probably the easiest option, and it allows clients to pay by CC without registering to PayPal...

Another option i have thought of and came across a couple of older examples (2007ish) is web export plugins for lightroom that have a PayPal option... now this is probably the best option i've found so far... but that would limit me to uploading photos only from the computer/s i have lightroom on...