PDA

View Full Version : Using Firefox for AP

mongo
05-10-2009, 4:29pm
Since reading about the colour advantages of using Firefox instead of internet Explorer on this site recently, Mongo has started using Firefox for AP. However, he noticed that every time he opens up AP he now does NOT have to log on !!! When he leaves he always logs off. But next time he opens the site, again, he does not have to log on.

What’s going on ??? is this meant to be this way ???

I @ M
05-10-2009, 4:33pm
Strange one indeed mongo, firefox here as well and when I log out and then return to the site my username and password are saved but I still have to log on.
I wonder if it has something to do with cache and cookie clearing on exit from the site.

I am sure a tekky type guru somewhere will have an answer. :D

dbax
05-10-2009, 4:35pm
FF remembers log on details if you allow it, some one with a more a thorough knowledge of the hows and whys will be along to help Mongo:D

pgbphotographytas
05-10-2009, 4:35pm
I think you might have clicked to save your password when you first logged in?

Miaow
05-10-2009, 4:37pm
Yeah it will remeber passwords if you want it to....

You could have said yes for the site the 1st time loaded it ? Goto Tools options Security and uncheck remember passwords for sites and see if that helps?

Kym
05-10-2009, 4:58pm
Since reading about the colour advantages of using Firefox instead of internet Explorer on this site recently, Mongo has started using Firefox for AP. However, he noticed that every time he opens up AP he now does NOT have to log on !!! When he leaves he always logs off. But next time he opens the site, again, he does not have to log on.

What’s going on ??? is this meant to be this way ???

Its probably old cookies causing this issue - clear them!
Tools/Options.../Privacy

See this to enable cookie management...
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Enabling+and+disabling+cookies?style_mode=inproduct

Also: Has Firefox remembered your AP password?

mongo
05-10-2009, 6:16pm
Thanks guys - problem solved (as Kym had suggested) and security restored.