PDA

View Full Version : Birding around Hobart

Dave Clifford
29-09-2009, 3:21pm
After viewing a number of the bird images here and elsewhere I am now curious to get out and give this a go. Especially with my new lens acquisition.

Is there any bird photographers here that could give me an idea of some of the popular places around Hobart?

ricktas
29-09-2009, 3:38pm
The lagoon out at Austins Ferry is good. There are usually some good parrots, and even the occasional hawk up the domain (but beware there are some areas up there that are dubious - strange ppl wandering around - I have come across people doing drugs etc - so avoid it now).

Dave Clifford
29-09-2009, 3:47pm
The lagoon out at Austins Ferry is good. There are usually some good parrots, and even the occasional hawk up the domain (but beware there are some areas up there that are dubious - strange ppl wandering around - I have come across people doing drugs etc - so avoid it now).

THanks Rick, i'll cross the Domain off the list then. I had totally forgot about the lagoon.

David Kembrey
29-09-2009, 4:53pm
Risdon Vale Dam might be another option, but not sure about the birding population, did see a bird of prey pluck a mouse and carry it away the other day coming into work

kingwheatie
14-10-2009, 11:06pm
Also along the Derwent River(both sides) between Bridgewater and New Norfolk. Alot of Hawks, a sea eagle and have seen one Wedgy, damn big one too:eek: