PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements 7 - water marks

mikew09
27-09-2009, 7:22pm
Team,
I have spent about and hr looking at this but can not see if it is possible to add a water mark with Elements 7. Infact, I find the available options a for the type of text you can add a bit limited. Any help appreciated.

Mike

ricktas
27-09-2009, 7:28pm
Not sure with Elements, cause I am not sure what menu items you have.

This is how to do it in PS

Create a new document (I use 1000 pixels wide x 500 high)
Using the text tool to write out what you want to say. Add any lines etc
Make a selection of your 'object'
Go Edit > Define Brush Preset (save)

Your watermark is now ready and you just select it using the brush tool, change its size and opacity as required. You can also change its colour using the eyedropper tool to select a colour before selecting the brush tool if you wish. Hope you can convert the above instructions to work with Elements.

mikew09
27-09-2009, 7:31pm
Thanks Rick, I am about to have tea but will be trying this as soon as I finish - see how I go.

mikew09
27-09-2009, 7:46pm
Your a bloody guru Rick, brilliant mate - had to try it before dinner. This is great, works just a treat.

Thanks Mate.

mikew09
28-09-2009, 1:56pm
Hi Rick, you can delete this post if you want - question answered. Thnx

ricktas
28-09-2009, 2:14pm
Nah, cause someone else might want the info in future and search the site for it.

etherial
01-10-2009, 2:27pm
Nah, cause someone else might want the info in future and search the site for it.

Exactly, don't delete! I'll coming back to it and giving it a try when I next get some time to sit down with PSE again...

mikew09
08-10-2009, 9:53pm
Good-O, works a treat.

nossi5
30-10-2009, 3:09pm
Not sure with Elements, cause I am not sure what menu items you have.

This is how to do it in PS

Create a new document (I use 1000 pixels wide x 500 high)
Using the text tool to write out what you want to say. Add any lines etc
Make a selection of your 'object'
Go Edit > Define Brush Preset (save)

Your watermark is now ready and you just select it using the brush tool, change its size and opacity as required. You can also change its colour using the eyedropper tool to select a colour before selecting the brush tool if you wish. Hope you can convert the above instructions to work with Elements.

Hello Rick i was just wondering if you explain to me what you mean by Make a selection of your 'object'? thanks

ricktas
30-10-2009, 3:17pm
Hello Rick i was just wondering if you explain to me what you mean by Make a selection of your 'object'? thanks

Use the selection tool and drag a box around your 'signature'

nossi5
30-10-2009, 3:43pm

I ended up working out myself the only thing im having some trouble with is changing the colour of the signature using the eye dropper. If anyone could it would be great appreciated.

Harves
30-10-2009, 3:50pm
Thanks Rick, I just made my watermark into a brush. :th3:

Until 5 minutes ago I opened my watermark file and dragged it into the image.